Test positive during cruise - what happens? Through Oct 31?

I apologize if this has been answered. I feel like I have read some references to something about October 31, but can't find it when I search for it.

We are on the Allure leaving October 31, fully vaxxed.  My understanding is that once we board we will not be tested again unless we go to the infirmary with symptoms or our tracelet says we have been around someone who tested positive.  Is that correct?

The RC Healthy Sailing page is pretty vague about what happens if we test positive.  I have read RC flew some families private transport home, but have also read something about that only applies to cruises through Oct 31. Since we are leaving Oct 31, I wasn't sure if we fell into the before or after category.  

Our traveling party doesn't like the thought of being dumped off at the next port and/or Port Canaveral and be made to quarantine for several days.  We understand the need to get us off the ship, just don't like the idea of being stuck somewhere random in a hotel room for days.  Does RC have this explicitly stated anywhere?

Thanks.

Edited by cindivan

Thanks.  So very vague as to what will actually happen.  We could be quarantined at a port but RC will cover the costs.

Am I remembering it right that on another cruise RC disembarked a family who tested positive at a port and flew them privately home?

13 minutes ago, cindivan said:

Am I remembering it right that on another cruise RC disembarked a family who tested positive at a port and flew them privately home?

Someone reported that some time ago on Adventure. Not sure that anyone can count on that happening in the future.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if this policy ends Oct 31 or Dec 31?  I could have sworn just two days ago, Royal's FAQ stated Dec 31, but now it says Oct 31.  I also found the link posted above by molly361 that states Dec 31.

This link says cruises starting through Oct 31 so not sure which is accurate

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

COVID-19 Assistance

Vaccinated guests and children not yet eligible to be vaccinated who book a Royal Caribbean International cruise that’s sailing on or before October 31, 2021 will have the following COVID-19 Assistance at no extra charge.

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund if your cruise is cut short for reasons related to COVID-19.

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party.

*Last modified August 25, 2021. Subject to change. “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise. Conditioned upon compliance with the RCG COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise. Additional terms and conditions apply. See our COVID-19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details.

I believe the provision to fly people home was part of the port agreement with the Bahamas, possibly in conjunction with their required health visa and insurance. I do not know that they have flown people home from other ports.

I have not read of anyone on any cruise line being disembarked to quarantine in port except at the end of a cruise. In that instance, two members of a family tested positive and could not fly home immediately so they quarantined in a hotel contracted by the cruise line for that purpose until they were clear to fly.

I have read of people being confined to quarters after a positive test. They remain in place and are monitored until the end of the cruise. I have only anecdotal evidence so it is difficult to say how it will actually be handled.