3 Night Dining Package Recommendations

jgalley

I'm thinking of purchasing the 3 Night Dining Package for my upcoming Oasis of the Seas cruise. I typically eat dinner in the dining room, so I've never tried any of the specialty restaurants before. 

1) Which 3 restaurants would you recommend using the package for?

2) For the al a cart restaurants do you typically end up having to pay extra, past the $20-$35 credit they give you?

3) Is it hard to get reservations once onboard?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, jgalley said:

I'm thinking of purchasing the 3 Night Dining Package for my upcoming Oasis of the Seas cruise. I typically eat dinner in the dining room, so I've never tried any of the specialty restaurants before. 

2) For the al a cart restaurants do you typically end up having to pay extra, past the $20-$35 credit they give you?

Thanks!

Personally, I’ve eaten in Chops and Jamie’s Italian and enjoyed both.  Hoping to try Wonderland on our November cruise.  

Edited by 2VaCruzers
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jgalley said:

Thanks!

Chops, Jamie's and Wonderland for us. Easy to get your preferred reservation time if you do it as soon as you board. I noticed on our upcoming Navigator cruise Chops is open for reservations until 10:45.  There are always lines for reservations, skip the promenade kiosk and head to Wonderland to make all your reservations. We have found Wonderland to have the shortest lines.  It is very hard to eat more than the credit amount. To make boarding day less stressful I park my self at Trellis bar and wait for my wife to return will all reservations in place. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jgalley said:

Thanks!

First and second night are the hardest for reservation , never had a issue with the others I would do

150CP - elegant restaurant

Habatchi - I believe this will cost a extra ten but it’s worth it

Chops

• Like 1

For Oasis,  I will go with 150 Central Park, Izumi Hibachi and Giovanni's Table.

I would stay away from Chops.  Every time I purchased the 3 night dining package, guest services will put me at Chops for first night's dinner.  I have had Chops on Navigator, Allure and Anthem, and they are all underwhelming.

• Like 1

• I would do Chops, 150 Central Park, and Giovanni's.  As soon as you get on board, go to the nearest restaurant and make your reservations as you want them, any nights and open time available.  The first night is an option and you can make changes.
  • Like 1

I've eaten at chops. It was good, but not the best steakhouse I've ever been to. I've eaten at Giovanni for lunch twice (when it was included with CP) and loved it enough I plan to get lunch there whenever I cruise (it's way cheaper for lunch). It's not the best Italian I've had, but it's pretty darn good. But more Italian than American Italian if that means anything to you. 

• Like 1