Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

My cruise on the NCL Joy leaves tommorrow morning, Saturday, March 19th, 2022.  Friday night, March 18th, 2022 I got an email for each Haven bid I made.  It essentially said I did not get the bid.  I share this just as information. 

Cruise well everyone and enjoy every minute.

7 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

My cruise on the NCL Joy leaves tommorrow morning, Saturday, March 19th, 2022.  Friday night, March 18th, 2022 I got an email for each Haven bid I made.  It essentially said I did not get the bid.  I share this just as information. 

Cruise well everyone and enjoy every minute.

Sorry to hear you didn’t get a bid accepted for the Haven. I wish you a fantastic cruise as I always enjoy reading your thoughtful measured posts.

Hope you don't mind me borrowing your phrase but sincerely “ cruise well and enjoy”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ppcox said:

Sorry to hear you didn’t get a bid accepted for the Haven. I wish you a fantastic cruise as I always enjoy reading your thoughtful measured posts.

Hope you don't mind me borrowing your phrase but sincerely “ cruise well and enjoy”

No issue I’m not getting the upgrade bid. I’m just happy to be cruising and I have a great Plan B. You can use cruise well anytime you want. But now you owe me a drink.

Cruise well.

1 minute ago, Sthrngary said:

No issue I’m not getting the upgrade bid. I’m just happy to be cruising and I have a great Plan B. You can use cruise well anytime you want. But now you owe me a drink.

Cruise well.

No trouble it would be my pleasure 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

Where do you find the link to upgrade your room? I have looked all over and can not find it.

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

or, you "should have" (or might receive an email), or, link will show-up on your account "Let's get you upgraded".

Edited by ggTexasGal
added

Both NCL and Royal Caribbean use the same outside vendor to do the bids for upgrades and acceptances or turndowns for the bids.  I have been reading blogs on Cruise Critic on Royal Up bidding as the same company is making the decisions on upgrades. You all may find it useful as there are a lot more people commenting on Royal up than here on NCL.

• Like 2

I'm on the April 13 Star out of Trieste and have bids out for all the Suite categories -- all show pending still!  I know that all that I a bidding on are still available to book -- so I am really hoping to cruise in a suite for the first time!  I  have two in the "orange" range and the rest are at the top of the "poor" region.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GMCOLT said:

On March 30 on Gem. Received Club balcony yesterday from oceanview at 200pp.

Excellent news.  We’re on the April 14 sailing with the exact same bid.  Pretty confident we’ll get it, but would like to know for sure!

Here, folks - "T" minus 1 except many of us on the Roll Call aren't biting the bait.

Me:  "well, hon ... wanna go for a double sink bath w. a tub"

DW: "really, we can still bid ?  I thought the bidding was over yesterday at 2 days out"

Me: "cough, cough ... apparently, not.  Or, could be a computer error - with so many club balcony suites still available tomorrow & vacant"

DW: "what else comes with this upgrade ?"

Me: "hmmm, extra bag of laundry, daily treats, etc." and we beat the higher DSC since this is before April 1st as it will be $18 p/p p/d next week."

DW: "oh, that's it"

Me: "yeah, oh, the room should be slightly spacious, a few extra inches on either side of the bed and between the sofabed.  Maybe, if we get lucky - a higher deck or lower deck with large balcony.  It's a gamble against our chosen mid-ship balcony by the elevator with the bump.  

DW:  "nevermind, we aren't doing 3 free bags of laundry for the week.  what else ?"

Me:  "forgetaboutit ... stick with ours, the non-refundable OBC goin to pay for unlimited WiFi upgrade"

DW: "sounds good.  Delivered hot breakfast on the balcony free might change my mind"

Me:  "besides, not going reprint luggage tags.  Maybe, next time"

OK, joking aside ... Haven & Spa balconies are sold out - full.  Plenty of club balconies, balconies and oceanviews, etc. remaining ... we are sailing at lower occupancy, that's good.  

NCL Getaway - Let's Get You Upgraded - Submit an Offer at Day 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2022 at 10:52 AM, mking8288 said:

Here, folks - "T" minus 1 except many of us on the Roll Call aren't biting the bait.

Me:  "well, hon ... wanna go for a double sink bath w. a tub"

DW: "really, we can still bid ?  I thought the bidding was over yesterday at 2 days out"

Me: "cough, cough ... apparently, not.  Or, could be a computer error - with so many club balcony suites still available tomorrow & vacant"

We bid on Haven rooms and are on the fence about Club Balcony.  Our regular balcony is mid ship on deck 9 close to the stairs so we have easy access to deck 8 (District Brew House and other things on the Waterfront). Decisions, decisions...