Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

4 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Note that my actual question was what happens to the cabins vacated due to positive covid testing, which has to happen within 48 hours of sailing.  And whether our bidding process figures into that at all.

What you said “They cease covid testing after that” in reference to August 1 can cause some confusion and make others think that NCL is ceasing covid testing after that date.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dcoy said:

Interesting that the aft balconies are less. We’re on the 10 day cruise when yours ends. Have not seen any offers yet. We’re booked in a regular aft balcony now and I would only bid on an aft Haven. Thanks for the info. 

You’re welcome. The only thing I can guess about why those are cheap is because people in aft Haven suites have to walk the length of the ship to get to the Haven.

My guess is that you’ll get your Upgrade Advantage tomorrow (Monday) at 8PM Eastern. We almost booked that cruise but couldn’t manage that much time away, unfortunately. I hope you enjoy it!

5 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I just upgraded from a club balcony to a penthouse with large balcony on the Encore for $2500. Not bidding, just paid for it. Just curious what the bids were going for. 

Wow, that’s fantastic! I would just straight upgrade for $2500. We’re definitely going to keep an eye on prices as we get close to our sail date to see if it makes sense to just pay for an upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were upgraded from a window cabin to  Club Balcony Suite on our cruise to Iceland and Greenland starting July 14.  We hadn't cruised in decades and several had said that this was one of the destinations where a balcony really has the views worth the upgrade. 

The difference between our Window Cabin and a Club Balcony Suite was well over $2,000 a person to outright buy on the initial booking.  We did a maximum bid of $600 a person. A couple of relatives said that we were crazy to max bid but honestly I would have been very disappointed to lose the upgrade over a $100 or so each.  There are only 107 total Club Balcony Suites on the entire ship.  Peace of mind was well worth maybe wasting a small amount of money.

• Like 5

Question:  if I booked my room as a solo (not at 200% supplement) and I got an invitation to bid for an upgrade, am I still bidding at x2 or since I’m 1 person, the “per person” would be x1.  Example: min bid for suite $25 per person. If I bid $25 and win will I be charged $25 or $50?  

17 minutes ago, KiddieKruzer said:

Question:  if I booked my room as a solo (not at 200% supplement) and I got an invitation to bid for an upgrade, am I still bidding at x2 or since I’m 1 person, the “per person” would be x1.  Example: min bid for suite $25 per person. If I bid $25 and win will I be charged $25 or $50?  

Still bidding at 2x.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, KiddieKruzer said:

Like prov2727 said - you pay double what you bid. As a solo cruiser myself, I can vouch for that!

• Like 4

On 7/10/2022 at 8:24 PM, rbxlady said:

You’re welcome. The only thing I can guess about why those are cheap is because people in aft Haven suites have to walk the length of the ship to get to the Haven.

My guess is that you’ll get your Upgrade Advantage tomorrow (Monday) at 8PM Eastern. We almost booked that cruise but couldn’t manage that much time away, unfortunately. I hope you enjoy it!

You were right, ours did come out 110 days before. The Haven opening bids were the same for our 10 day cruise as your 7 day one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dcoy said:

You were right, ours did come out 110 days before. The Haven opening bids were the same for our 10 day cruise as your 7 day one. 

That's interesting, considering it's an extra 3 days in the Haven, if your bid is accepted. Then again the 10-day is a better value per person per day than a 7-day, which is one of the reasons we really wanted to book it. Good luck in your bidding!

On 7/10/2022 at 8:28 PM, rbxlady said:

Wow, that’s fantastic! I would just straight upgrade for $2500. We’re definitely going to keep an eye on prices as we get close to our sail date to see if it makes sense to just pay for an upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise!

I agree. I was really tempted to wait for the bidding, then I told myself I was nuts, and I upgraded LOL Have a nice cruise!! 

If I upgrade to a spa balcony (like I’m trying to do) and I’ve already purchased thermal suite passes for the entire week, would I be able to have the passes refunded for onboard credit? Would be about $200 I’d assume, the original cost of the passes themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

If I upgrade to a spa balcony (like I’m trying to do) and I’ve already purchased thermal suite passes for the entire week, would I be able to have the passes refunded for onboard credit? Would be about $200 I’d assume, the original cost of the passes themselves. 

I called today to see how much it would be to just buy the upgrade from inside to Spa balcony and it was $2,000.  To rich for my blood.  I have a bid in so hopefully I will get lucky.

To buy up is way more expensive than in was when I booked originally.

1 hour ago, maddog59 said:

Bid from Solo Studio to BA Balcony accepted for 7/16/22 Getaway cruise yesterday. Bid = $185 (lower fair range) X 2 = $370 to move to a balcony.   Hope this helps!

Thank you for sharing this information.  We are sailing on Jade on July 31 and hoping to be upgraded to either balcony or club balcony.  Hope you have a fantastic vacation!

On 7/6/2022 at 9:46 AM, rbxlady said:

To follow up, my upgrade e-mail came around 8PM Eastern on 7/4, so on Day 110.

We are bidding into the Haven (we're booked in a club balcony "suite" w/large balcony because there are four of us), and what we thought were generous bids were "fair" on the lower end Haven suites and "poor" on the upper ones. I'm hoping the cascade of upgrades caused by our vacating a club balcony suite will work in our favor, but if we end up where we originally booked, it's totally fine with us.

What's weird is, regarding the link I keep seeing (https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/), if I go to that site and put in our reservation number and last name, it says nothing is available. But I can go back to the link in my Upgrade Advantage e-mail and see all our pending bids.

We are attempting the same upgrade bids from a club balcony "suite" w/large balcony to the Haven for a 8/14 trip on the Joy.  Not sure if it's worth it or not, but want to try....  No bids outside the "fair" category yet.  We like the room we already have so not going to be disappointed if we don't get it.  Bidding on all Haven room types just to try to get into one (some categories are sold out). 

22 minutes ago, Ed342 said:

Anyone seen discounting before? Is this something new?

image.png.b525d0844a7f181dfbddddf2b1c3c4e9.png

I had that on an RCI RoyalUp offer last October.  It must be something that PlusGrades does, since they are the same company that runs the upgrade bidding for both RCI & NCL.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

I’m new to NCL so I assume that these bid offers are random meaning some my receive an offer & some may not. 

I’m booked in a studio stateroom so I’ll be interested to see if I get one. 

How soon prior to your cruise do you normally receive an offer?

Any bidding tips that should have & what have been peoples bidding experiences?

Thanks to Everyone!

Tom😀

30 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m new to NCL so I assume that these bid offers are random meaning some my receive an offer & some may not. 

I’m booked in a studio stateroom so I’ll be interested to see if I get one. 

How soon prior to your cruise do you normally receive an offer?

Any bidding tips that should have & what have been peoples bidding experiences?

Thanks to Everyone!

Tom😀

Tom,  "I’m booked in a studio stateroom so I’ll be interested to see if I get one."  You don't always have to wait to receive an offer.   This link will USUALLY allow you to make a bid to upgrade:

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL

Just remember if you are bidding as a solo, you will be charged double the amount bid.  Also, it may increase the cost of your insurance.

25 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Tom,  "I’m booked in a studio stateroom so I’ll be interested to see if I get one."  You don't always have to wait to receive an offer.   This link will USUALLY allow you to make a bid to upgrade:

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL

Just remember if you are bidding as a solo, you will be charged double the amount bid.  Also, it may increase the cost of your insurance.

Interesting as I tried if for a February 8, 2023 cruise on the Getaway & I get a message “We are sorry, we have no space available”. Perhaps it’s too soon to try. 

Thanks for your help. 

Tom😀

11 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Interesting as I tried if for a February 8, 2023 cruise on the Getaway & I get a message “We are sorry, we have no space available”. Perhaps it’s too soon to try. 

Thanks for your help. 

Tom😀

You can usually make an offer to upgrade quite a while before the email invitations to bid are sent, but seven months is probably way too far away.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

28 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You can usually make an offer to upgrade quite a while before the email invitations to bid are sent, but seven months is probably way too far away.

I got my e-mail invitation on Day 110 for an October cruise. Leading up to that day, using that link didn’t work for me, and it still does not work for me even after receiving the invitation (I just tried). However, if I click on the e-mail inviting me to bid, I can see all my pending bids. I’m not sure why, but that link really doesn’t like me or my reservation!

On 7/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, Dcoy said:

Interesting that the aft balconies are less. We’re on the 10 day cruise when yours ends. Have not seen any offers yet. We’re booked in a regular aft balcony now and I would only bid on an aft Haven. Thanks for the info. 

We are in an aft for a 14 day sailing and hoping to upgrade to a Haven aft. The only thing i can think of is these Haven Afts are not actually in the Haven but gives you access to the amenities. I would take that in a second over a courtyard in the Haven area itself. Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Are there alot of these cabins left or is it an off season cruise with no families onboard? 

I have seen this before, not sure when they start discounting usually closer to sailing date if there are a lot of cabins still available. my getaway cruise on September 29th still has 30 haven suites available, I have won bids my last two cruises for the haven and hoping to keep my streak alive lol 

• Like 3