Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

14 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You are assuming that minimum is being bid.  I can assure you that max is also being bid.

Actually I wasn't, but I could have worded that better.  I was suggesting that they might accept all outstanding bids prior to lowering the minimum (and, perhaps the maximum as well).

1 hour ago, JM0115 said:

We are new to sailing with Norwegian. Is there a primer on bidding to upgrade out there? How does it work? Can you bid up to any category from any category?  Can you have multiple bids for different categories and see which one is accepted?  I will continue to look on CC to see if I can find answers to this as it is probably out there somewhere but any help would be appreciated.

First, you must book directly with NCL or a travel agent that participates must of the discounted travel agency so not participate. Second if you the qualify you will receive an email or a banner on your ncl home page on or around 115 to 80 days before sailing.  You are allowed to be up two meta categories, for example insides bid on ocean view and balconies.  Ocean view bids up to balconies and club balconies mini suites, and balconies can bid on club balconies mini suites and the various haven categories. You use the link from the email for the upgrade advantage program to bid and their is a scale that goes from poor bid on up, and it tells you right on the link q and a that most bids are awarded 10 to 2 days before sailing so the Monday before sailing thru that Friday.  I’ve had bids awarded on the Tuesday, Wednesday and 2 more awarded at like 1pm Friday for sailing that Sunday.  It’s all about algorithms to maximize profits, each sailing is different a holiday sailing almost already sold out versus an off season sailing will have different minimum maximum bids, etc.  also reading a couple of pages of this thread from the beginning might help you understand the program better.Haysailing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

I need to recant my statement.... It did not say the bidding would close on 10/16, but the price drop/sale bidding would end on 10/16.... sorry about that!!

On a side note:  We have bids on several different Haven Suite categories.  Last time I checked that room inventory, there were ALOT of available suites (like 85%).... I just checked again today...and most of the Haven categories say SOLD OUT.... I find it very difficult to believe that they sold all those suites in the last week or two.... I wonder if they are holding them for bidders??  We still have 57 days to go and alot can happen between now and then.... maybe a bunch of people had to recently cancel sailings due to Ivan and rebooked with us??

Thank you we had that happen on our May first sailing on Joy they had a special and never did increase the bids back up because the inventory started to sell down at about the 60 day mark we went from like 40 cabins available each week the dropped the going price and by 30 days before sailing we were sold out for haven.  We sailed at 59 percent capacity but haven was 100 sold out

4 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

First, you must book directly with NCL or a travel agent that participates must of the discounted travel agency so not participate. Second if you the qualify you will receive an email or a banner on your ncl home page on or around 115 to 80 days before sailing.  You are allowed to be up two meta categories, for example insides bid on ocean view and balconies.  Ocean view bids up to balconies and club balconies mini suites, and balconies can bid on club balconies mini suites and the various haven categories. You use the link from the email for the upgrade advantage program to bid and their is a scale that goes from poor bid on up, and it tells you right on the link q and a that most bids are awarded 10 to 2 days before sailing so the Monday before sailing thru that Friday.  I’ve had bids awarded on the Tuesday, Wednesday and 2 more awarded at like 1pm Friday for sailing that Sunday.  It’s all about algorithms to maximize profits, each sailing is different a holiday sailing almost already sold out versus an off season sailing will have different minimum maximum bids, etc.  also reading a couple of pages of this thread from the beginning might help you understand the program better.Haysailing.

Thank you!

We're sailing on the Bliss in January. We've booked a Club Class mini and we've been offered the opportunity to bid on Spa Suites and Haven Spa Suites. My question is, we've already purchased a length of stay pass for each of us to the Thermal Spa and if we bid and our bids are accepted, will that money we spent on the Spa pass be refunded since it's included in either suite we could potentially win a bid for? I've emailed Norwegian and after two weeks, still no answer. Thank you, Jeff & Karen

15 minutes ago, tinkerjack said:

We're sailing on the Bliss in January. We've booked a Club Class mini and we've been offered the opportunity to bid on Spa Suites and Haven Spa Suites. My question is, we've already purchased a length of stay pass for each of us to the Thermal Spa and if we bid and our bids are accepted, will that money we spent on the Spa pass be refunded since it's included in either suite we could potentially win a bid for? I've emailed Norwegian and after two weeks, still no answer. Thank you, Jeff & Karen

Yes it’s happened several times and discussed on this thread as well, if you are lucky enough to win one of those few spa cabins you call NCL and get a refund depending on credit card company it could take alittle time but you’ll get your refund.  Happy Sailing 

my cruise leaves in 13 days, and haven't heard anything yet on my bids.  I put in a minimum bid to go from inside to balcony.  I'm still seeing well over 100 balconies available, so i call in to see about just upgrading.  they are still asking for over $600 for a straight up upgrade, which is almost double what I paid for the cruise itself.  I would thought they would have lowered the prices by now, but I guess I'll just see how the bidding works out

27 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

my cruise leaves in 13 days, and haven't heard anything yet on my bids.  I put in a minimum bid to go from inside to balcony.  I'm still seeing well over 100 balconies available, so i call in to see about just upgrading.  they are still asking for over $600 for a straight up upgrade, which is almost double what I paid for the cruise itself.  I would thought they would have lowered the prices by now, but I guess I'll just see how the bidding works out

Patience, it’s the key on sailings that are not sold out, they should start awarding them 2 to 5 business days before sailing. PATIENCE. Happy sailing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

Problem is if they lower price we all call for FCC so they will proceed price as it is

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Patience, it’s the key on sailings that are not sold out, they should start awarding them 2 to 5 business days before sailing. PATIENCE. Happy sailing.

well since you clearly missed the point of my post, please keep your condescending advice to yourself

2 hours ago, leithbones said:

I didn't interpret your 'Patience' post as condescending.

Thanks, here is hoping we hear from some traveling this weekend about their successful upgrades, we haven’t seen many lately and I’m curious to see if now that the kids are in school, it’s hurricane etc. so kind of off season for sailing until Thanksgiving if we see some upgrades.

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Thanks, here is hoping we hear from some traveling this weekend about their successful upgrades, we haven’t seen many lately and I’m curious to see if now that the kids are in school, it’s hurricane etc. so kind of off season for sailing until Thanksgiving if we see some upgrades.

On the Spirit right now.  All 5 bids I made were not accepted.  That is because all the suites were sold out and none opened up.

We have 1440 on board.

In 2 weeks I am on the Encore, I have 9 bids , so we will see if I end up in the Haven 😁.

It could happen 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

sailing on the joy next week, so far no bids has been accepted for my cruise...usually by now at around 8 days to go my upgrades is accepted 

Good luck, I took a peak at inventory and 11 total havens left which lead me to believe they haven’t started upgrading yet, and over 12t balconies including 71 in category BA so if your trying to upgrade from inside to balcony I think you have a great shot hopefully you’ll hear late this week but it could be next week , you’ve been luck to get awarded more than 8 business days out mine has been 3 days, 3 days, and last 2 less than 48 hours from Sunday sailing.  I wish there were some havens left on my sailing from mid October but havens been firmly sold out more than a month. Happy sailing.

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

On the Spirit right now.  All 5 bids I made were not accepted.  That is because all the suites were sold out and none opened up.

We have 1440 on board.

In 2 weeks I am on the Encore, I have 9 bids , so we will see if I end up in the Haven 😁.

It could happen 😁

Enjoy your sailing, looked at inventory for oct 16th and haven 100 percent sold out, of course there are always last minute cancellations but it doesn’t looks great enjoy your week on the Spirit.

2 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

we were on the Gem out of Trieste Sept 25.   

On the 21st we rec'd an upgrade from Inside to Balcony.   Minimum bid was $150.  I bid 155 and got it.  A nice surprise.

I think the Gem holds 2400 pax. Guest Services said we were around 1700.

Thanks hope you had a great cruise!

Looking forward to our cruise in 11 days.  Daughter is currently in an IA inside cabin and has put in a bid for a Club balcony.  We are keeping our fingers crossed for her. Likely this will go down to the wire but checking the inventory (I know, not accurate) there are quite a few of these still open.  Maybe this will be a nice little boarding surprise for her. If not, still will be a great cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Good luck, I took a peak at inventory and 11 total havens left which lead me to believe they haven’t started upgrading yet, and over 12t balconies including 71 in category BA so if your trying to upgrade from inside to balcony I think you have a great shot hopefully you’ll hear late this week but it could be next week , you’ve been luck to get awarded more than 8 business days out mine has been 3 days, 3 days, and last 2 less than 48 hours from Sunday sailing.  I wish there were some havens left on my sailing from mid October but exactly how to check inventorybeen firmly sold out more than a month. Happy sailing.

Please tell me how to check inventories....thanks

• Like 1