Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

2 hours ago, BobbyHill said:

I did a mock booking just now and it’s around 600 different which will be higher than my bid, still not bad. Unless they offer me a better price over the phone, maybe I’ll try it just to see.

The offer they make over the phone is usually better than anything you can see online. 

5 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

The offer they make over the phone is usually better than anything you can see online. 

Yes. And be sure to ask clarifying questions. I called to see if i could switch from a studio to a balcony after a massive price drop. The rep said it would cost me 187. I hesitated and she said, you're not gonna take the upgrade for $1.87?? I nearly missed out hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

New here but long time lurker. 

Booked an Inside stateroom (IF / GTY) on the Dawn to the Caribbean in January. And just got the upgrade/bid Email.

Earlier this year we cruised Alaska and I could do a mock booking to check inventory. Now, for this cruise, no matter which cabin class I choose (Oceanview, Balcony, or Club Balcony Suite) I get "Best Available", guaranteed inside or above, blah blah blah. I tried using with both login and incognito/anonymous mode.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Edited by GuyInUtah
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, GuyInUtah said:

New here but long time lurker. 

Booked an Inside stateroom (IF / GTY) on the Dawn to the Caribbean in January. And just got the upgrade/bid Email.

Earlier this year we cruised Alaska and I could do a mock booking to check inventory. Now, for this cruise, no matter which cabin class I choose (Oceanview, Balcony, or Club Balcony Suite) I get "Best Available", guaranteed inside or above, blah blah blah. I tried using with both login and incognito/anonymous mode.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

They have sold almost all the rooms in those categories and are just taking bookings so they fill the ship.

The bidding will probably be just a backup to fill rooms if needed but probably won't be any thing left.

On 11/17/2022 at 12:58 PM, mpk218 said:

I waited to long . My upgrade just became a downgrade and now im locked out .. From a BC balcony to an Aft facing B1 . The B1 now cheaper than the BC ,  I hate this system .  Id have to cancel and rebook but only 54 days out so would get killed with penalties/perks  ... Argggg  

I want the old days back were they would just slide you over .

I would still call and ask to change to the B1, then ask for OBC or FCC for the cost difference. At worst, they deny you the OBC or FCC, but you get the better cabin at the same amount you were paying. Still a win in my book, unless I'm totally misunderstanding.

Edited by rbxlady

On 11/17/2022 at 12:58 PM, mpk218 said:

I waited to long . My upgrade just became a downgrade and now im locked out .. From a BC balcony to an Aft facing B1 . The B1 now cheaper than the BC ,  I hate this system .  Id have to cancel and rebook but only 54 days out so would get killed with penalties/perks  ... Argggg  

I want the old days back were they would just slide you over .

Downgrade?  You scored. Aft balconies are highly sought after and command a much higher price.

Just because they are playing with the rates means nothing.

Do a mock booking for a sailing out of penalty and you will see B1 is higher than even a BA.

1 hour ago, RumRunner2021 said:

What did they "score?"  They are still in a BC and can't "upgrade" directly to a B1 because that is now cheaper.

Were they not in a BC and.now in a B1?  

Did I read it wrong?

.......My upgrade just became a downgrade and now im locked out .. From a BC balcony to an Aft facing B1 . .....

On 11/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, trbarton said:

Has anyone made a minimum bid that was excepted & if so what was your bid & what did you go from & to?

Tom🤔

Yes   I went from inside to balcony with a minimum $75 bid on the getaway this past October 

10 hours ago, rbxlady said:

I would still call and ask to change to the B1, then ask for OBC or FCC for the cost difference. At worst, they deny you the OBC or FCC, but you get the better cabin at the same amount you were paying. Still a win in my book, unless I'm totally misunderstanding.

If I call NCL will they offer me anything since I’m going through a T/A?

Tom🤔

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

If I call NCL will they offer me anything since I’m going through a T/A?

If  you booked through a TA, NCL will not talk to you since they have paid the TA their commission to deal with you. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If  you are eligible for an offer, they will send you one a few days after booking. 

I never received a bidding offer from NCL but have a link that took me to the bidding site. I have 2 bids going from a studio to either an inside or ocean view. Debating if I should wait until 2-3 weeks before the cruise incase the bidding amounts go down. 

Tom🤔

Edited by trbarton

1 hour ago, umpisoccer said:

If you call your TA they will call NCL for you and keep you on the line.  I just upgraded to a Haven for our Xmas cruise last week doing that.  They just tell you how much more it will cost to upgrade and you decide if you want to do it.

Great tip. And also, great upgrade. Merry Christmas indeed. 

Edited by New2cruise2022

1 hour ago, umpisoccer said:

If you call your TA they will call NCL for you and keep you on the line.  I just upgraded to a Haven for our Xmas cruise last week doing that.  They just tell you how much more it will cost to upgrade and you decide if you want to do it.

Can I please ask- is the $ difference for upgrading same as/similar to what the price showing online or did you actual get much better price from TA calling NCL?

because if im looking to upgrade to any Haven from BA it’s like more than $10k from mock-up booking online (when bidding starts $1k pp) ..: so just curious if you get much better offer by calling. Thanks in advance! 

Edited by 1lovescruise

2 minutes ago, 1lovescruise said:

Can I please ask- is the $ difference for upgrading same as/similar to what the price showing online or did you actual get much better price from TA calling NCL?

because if im looking to upgrade to any Heaven from BA it’s like more than $10k from mock-up booking online (when bidding starts $1k pp) ..: so just curious if you get much better offer by calling. Thanks in advance! 

No you will get the rate you see or close to it if the price difference is 9,000 difference between bidding and not bidding calling isn’t going to change the going price sounds like on your particular cruise either haven is very full or it’s not to close to sailing date so the haven’t started lowering the price 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyHill said:

Theres 120 or so balcony cabins left on my sailing around 40 days till, called ncl upgrading from an inside is around 900$ more, so im going to roll the dice with my bid a little above min. Seems like alot of cabins left.

Seems like bidding would definitely be better at this price. 

5 hours ago, 1lovescruise said:

I track prices regularly and, if it looks like there are drops, I mock a new booking on NCL.com.  If it's lower, I call NCL and have them reprice.  They always come up with the exact same price I saw online.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

I track prices regularly and, if it looks like there are drops, I mock a new booking on NCL.com.  If it's lower, I call NCL and have them reprice.  They always come up with the exact same price I saw online.

It’s worth it. And it’s worth it for NCL. I can’t be the only person that gets a price adjustment and then looks for ways to reinvest it: next cruise, upgrade room, upgrade drinks, excursion, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

It’s worth it. And it’s worth it for NCL. I can’t be the only person that gets a price adjustment and then looks for ways to reinvest it: next cruise, upgrade room, upgrade drinks, excursion, etc. 

No your not. I just got off of 2 cruises and got $2800 FCC and $1900 FCC which I already applied to my Prima cruise next year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No your not. I just got off of 2 cruises and got $2800 FCC and $1900 FCC which I already applied to my Prima cruise next year.

Do you have to book with NCL directly to get FCC or does TA booking work too? So about 2 wks ago I saw my booked room price dropped, so I asked my TA to get my OBC or refund, after TA called NCL- he told me NCl said they aren’t doing that anymore after Covid, and I was not offered FCc either, he just simply said Ncl said nothing they can do 😞 boooo 

We are on our first Norwegian cruise in march booked in a balcony room. A club balcony upgrade is as low as $75. Is there a huge difference between categories? For $150, I feel like I might as well try the minimum and see what happens.