Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

57 minutes ago, chev29 said:

We had a price drop on 3/21/23 cruise on Jade, and I called customer service and moved from ocean view to balcony for 320. We had bid in for 175 pp so we got moved and saved 30. Just had to go back and cancel our upgrade bids. We even got to pick our cabin from what was available.

Does this change cancel your bid?

I just got all excited lol…O got an email that said “Your upgrade bid has been successfully ……modified” lol.  I thought meant I’d got my bid, but it doesn’t look like it.  But I didn’t modify my bid, and it is showing the same as I entered it??  Oh well, back to checking my emails and cabin number every hour!

6 hours ago, Camlaura said:

I just got all excited lol…O got an email that said “Your upgrade bid has been successfully ……modified” lol.  I thought meant I’d got my bid, but it doesn’t look like it.  But I didn’t modify my bid, and it is showing the same as I entered it??  Oh well, back to checking my emails and cabin number every hour!

Just turn your credit card notifications on and as soon as you hear the notification then check 😁

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:58 AM, Kroy2 said:

Anyone had experience with calling to upgrade, is the price based off first two people? And was it different than pricing on website? We are a little over 30 days out from leaving 

It's usually just for the first 2.

So I have won Upgrades into the Haven before, But this cruise we are already in the Haven, Aft facing Haven suite. Thinking of going for an upgrade to the Owners suite with large Balcony, but it shows sold out. has anyone very actually won a bid upgrade for a category that is showing sold out?

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

So I have won Upgrades into the Haven before, But this cruise we are already in the Haven, Aft facing Haven suite. Thinking of going for an upgrade to the Owners suite with large Balcony, but it shows sold out. has anyone very actually won a bid upgrade for a category that is showing sold out?

Yes, in the haven, on a fully sold out ship.  Just bid, people can last minute cancel, you just never know.  (My winning bid was before the shutdown, again, fully booked out ship).

2 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Yes, in the haven, on a fully sold out ship.  Just bid, people can last minute cancel, you just never know.  (My winning bid was before the shutdown, again, fully booked out ship).

Thanks only bidding on the owners suite as its the only one we want. Thanks for the info

• Like 2

Wondering if anyone has experience on getting them to do a FCC for a price drop, and the impact of that on your chances to win an upgrade bid. I'd like to take advantage of the price drop, but nervous that we'll get screwed on the upgrade bid due to less overall revenue. But maybe it's not an issue since they still have your money and you'll book another cruise to use the FCC 🙂

John/ MKE Cruzn

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MkeCruzn said:

Wondering if anyone has experience on getting them to do a FCC for a price drop, and the impact of that on your chances to win an upgrade bid. I'd like to take advantage of the price drop, but nervous that we'll get screwed on the upgrade bid due to less overall revenue. But maybe it's not an issue since they still have your money and you'll book another cruise to use the FCC 🙂

John/ MKE Cruzn

Well on our last cruise on the Escape the ship was at 60% capacity and even though we bid on the Haven our bid was not accepted, we found out when we were on the ship. We were later on told by two people in the Haven that some of the rooms up there were empty. We were willing to up are bid but it was already too late, I wonder if the ship is not to capacity whether the Epic will do something similar.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MkeCruzn said:

John/ MKE Cruzn

Yes it happened to us this past October on Encore.

21 night repo cruise.

Booked an inside, used points to get a Balcony.

60 days prior to sailing I saw the price drop by $2800 because ship was half full.

So FCC was given! I was surprised.

I bid for Haven as 20 cabins we're available. I bid max on everything as we were on for $2400 price yet in a balcony due to points. We had a $8000 advantage over those that paid for the balcony.

Bidding went live😮

It was crazy. Between $5000 and $7500 a person and I got outbid. I ended up winning one for around $4200 a person for the Haven spa room.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 7:39 AM, wolft927 said:

You should be aware that large balcony can be useless when the ship is underway.  In fact, we were in a DOSLB on Breakaway last March and found the only time we could use the balcony was when the ship was in port. The crew entered our cabin twice to lash down the balcony furniture to prevent it's being blown overboard.  Once when we were asleep.  We will never book a DOSLB or DOS again.  We have ignored several opportunities to upgrade to either a DOSLB or DOS from our aft haven balcony on our next cruise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes it happened to us this past October on Encore.

21 night repo cruise.

Booked an inside, used points to get a Balcony.

60 days prior to sailing I saw the price drop by $2800 because ship was half full.

So FCC was given! I was surprised.

I bid for Haven as 20 cabins we're available. I bid max on everything as we were on for $2400 price yet in a balcony due to points. We had a $8000 advantage over those that paid for the balcony.

Bidding went live😮

It was crazy. Between $5000 and $7500 a person and I got outbid. I ended up winning one for around $4200 a person for the Haven spa room.

How does the bidding go live? That could be interesting, but even $4200 per person for a Haven room is a lot!

2 hours ago, MkeCruzn said:

How does the bidding go live? That could be interesting, but even $4200 per person for a Haven room is a lot!

We got emails that all.our bids were cancelled.

Told to bid now on the live platform. eBay style except what ever you bid is it. You don't know what the current high bid is.  When you bid it tells you instantly if you are losing "bid again" or you are in the lead.

They never tell you when it's going to end either.

Haven's were going for $29,000 starting up to $45,000 form that sailing when discounted prior to sailing.

Even bidding $15,000 I would have been under 20k.

Screenshot_20221011-130511.png

53 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We got emails that all.our bids were cancelled.

Told to bid now on the live platform. eBay style except what ever you bid is it. You don't know what the current high bid is.  When you bid it tells you instantly if you are losing "bid again" or you are in the lead.

They never tell you when it's going to end either.

Haven's were going for $29,000 starting up to $45,000 form that sailing when discounted prior to sailing.

Even bidding $15,000 I would have been under 20k.

<image deleted... see post #2872>

Well, this is a new one. Thanks for sharing the info!

I still think I could take an awful lot of cruises for $29,000. What was the original price for Haven bookings?

9 minutes ago, MkeCruzn said:

Well, this is a new one. Thanks for sharing the info!

I still think I could take an awful lot of cruises for $29,000. What was the original price for Haven bookings?

$36,400-$50,000++

Yes you could take many cruises in a lower category for that amount of money. 

My finances allow me to.  The only reason I don't buy it outright is I am a point junkie with NCL. I get on cheap and bid max. 😁

Still have a few hundred thousand points left.

• Like 1

I am going on the Pearl 7 day cruise in May 2023 to Bermuda. We got an inside room. We are hoping to upgrade to balcony. Any recently on the smaller ships been upgraded?  I think in March we will get the notices, but wanted to see if success would be and the fair or lower price would work. Thanks!!!

We are booked for the April 2 transatlantic from Lisbon.  There were tons of cabins 2 weeks ago, but now most categories of balcony and above have gone to “guarantee” only.  I’m thinking odds are slim now for an upgrade to balcony, or club balcony…