Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

6 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Pending is the default status for a bid.  When it flips to processing it means you won.

Funny, that “processing” stage never happened to us when we scored our upgrade two weeks ago. It went from “Pending” to a greyed out “Pending” and then straight to “Upgraded”. Also no delay then to get the official confirmation email and updated itinerary pdf.

Also interesting, the charge on my Amex only showed up about three days later so that was certainly NOT an early indicator of winning the upgrade. But that might have to do with the fact that it’s an Aussie Amex but the charge came from Miami, not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, js said:

Does it matter if you bid early, for instance, when you first get the email vs waiting to it gets closer?

Thank you. 

Hard to say.  I once got a bid awarded shortly after final payment date, more than 3 months out.  I had a prime cabin they wanted for resale (category had already sold out).  But they sometimes (not very often) also lower the minimum bid rate.

19 hours ago, js said:

Does it matter if you bid early, for instance, when you first get the email vs waiting to it gets closer?

Thank you. 

Yes. Depends on what you are bidding on. A lot of times, if they are trying to open up more inside/ocean view rooms, they will accept bids early. Haven rooms are normally awarded on week of cruise. 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. Depends on what you are bidding on. A lot of times, if they are trying to open up more inside/ocean view rooms, they will accept bids early. Haven rooms are normally awarded on week of cruise. 

Thank you. Im in Haven HJ, first time not in Haven proper and wondered about trying to upgrade into the Haven Courtyard. 

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Hard to say.  I once got a bid awarded shortly after final payment date, more than 3 months out.  I had a prime cabin they wanted for resale (category had already sold out).  But they sometimes (not very often) also lower the minimum bid rate.

Wow thats fab and thanks. 

1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you. Im in Haven HJ, first time not in Haven proper and wondered about trying to upgrade into the Haven Courtyard. 

Thanks. 

Every time I've been in the Haven I've received numerous emails touting wonderful upgrade opportunities.  Several weeks, even months before sailing date.  I usually only book my preferred cabins so I've never submitted a bid.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:52 PM, lovenorwegiancruiseline said:

Hi,

I am 12 days out. Put in 7 bids for Haven and Club Balcony Suites. Currently in a Balcony. When will NCL let me know. All bids are currently Pending.

I am 44 days out on the Getaway TA.  I placed a bid for upgrade last night and now wish to cancel the bid, can anyone tell me where I can  find that option....is it on my account?  I tried with my NCL agent and he said he does not have access to the advantage program.  Thanks for any help I can get.  

First cruise so all new to me...currently have 3 of us booked in an inside cabin on the Prima in August.  The upgrade offers are to a Club Balcony Suite (from $600pp), a Balcony Stateroom (from $300pp), or an Oceanview Stateroom (from $175pp).  If I bid and win, I understand that the upgrade cost will only be charged for 2 people but it seems that the upgrades aren't necessarily for 3 people.  As far as I can tell from the website a regular Club Balcony Suite is for 2 people as is the regular Oceanview and the regular Balcony (they don't say Family).  Am I understanding this correctly and shouldn't risk bidding? Thanks!

2 hours ago, leyla said:

I am 44 days out on the Getaway TA.  I placed a bid for upgrade last night and now wish to cancel the bid, can anyone tell me where I can  find that option....is it on my account?  I tried with my NCL agent and he said he does not have access to the advantage program.  Thanks for any help I can get.  

We're on that sailing.  If you're using the NCL app, the upgrade bids show there with a "cancel bid" option.

Edited by CAL7

2 hours ago, amcc127 said:

First cruise so all new to me...currently have 3 of us booked in an inside cabin on the Prima in August.  The upgrade offers are to a Club Balcony Suite (from $600pp), a Balcony Stateroom (from $300pp), or an Oceanview Stateroom (from $175pp).  If I bid and win, I understand that the upgrade cost will only be charged for 2 people but it seems that the upgrades aren't necessarily for 3 people.  As far as I can tell from the website a regular Club Balcony Suite is for 2 people as is the regular Oceanview and the regular Balcony (they don't say Family).  Am I understanding this correctly and shouldn't risk bidding? Thanks!

No the system will know their is 3 in your current room and will take that into the equation and will only award you an upgrade to a cabin that accommodates 3 in a room, good luck and remember patience is key

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CAL7 said:

We're on that sailing.  If you're using the NCL app, the upgrade bids show there with a "cancel bid" option.

Thank you so much.  Hope you see you there at roll call.  

16 minutes ago, emnsmom said:
  • Has anyone ever won an upgrade, charged a higher amount, and then been able to get a refund of the difference between what bid was accepted and what was charged to your card?

Shouldn't be a problem if you have proof that you were charged incorrectly.  I always receive a notification of my bid, with the amount, at the time I make it - and anytime I make a modification.  Then I receive a notification of the amount when the bid is awarded.  If there had been an issue, I would have contacted NCL immediately.  You can always file a complaint with the CC if the amount charged is different than the amount on the award letter.  If the amount on the award letter is different than what you thought you had bid, you would have to take that up with NCL. Refunds- and the investigation- can take time.

Keep in mind that a bid will be 2x your bid amount plus any increase in insurance, if you bought insurance through the cruise line.