IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING A REGENT CRUISE, THINK AGAIN....

reddogg71

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

N95.

You should buy several KN95 masks they cost about $.50 each on Amazon. The paper masks won't be effective for a 5 hour plus flight.  You should change your mask every 5 hours if you want it to be effective.

It appears that Oceania's current policy is they allow you to cancel and get a full refund (if you paid with FCC you get FCC back) up until final payment is due.

On 9/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, spindrift said:

I picked up on a comment above by 1956deb that the air we have for our October Venice Istanbul requires a 95 mask. I know masks are required but specifically a 95 one?

7 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

N95.

4 hours ago, SedonaJoel said:

You should buy several KN95 masks they cost about $.50 each on Amazon. The paper masks won't be effective for a 5 hour plus flight.  You should change your mask every 5 hours if you want it to be effective.

It appears that Oceania's current policy is they allow you to cancel and get a full refund (if you paid with FCC you get FCC back) up until final payment is due.

As I have been lurking on these boards in anticipation of my first Regent cruise, I finally have something to add to the discussion that I'm very well versed in!

Please .....  a 50 cent N95 is not necessarily actually legit or a good buy!  There are a LOT of counterfeits out there. I spend all of my hours at work in a fit-checked N95 and tried on many different types and brands for comfort and safety.

We are all extremely happy with the Makrite Sekura masks ... flexible, extremely durable and the most comfortable in my decades of practice. If you're going to wear one for many hours, make it the best that it can be!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 9/4/2021 at 10:53 AM, Pcardad said:

If you have ANY issue with anything Regent has done, or hasn't done, you pick up the phone and you call them yourself. Do don't let anyone make the call for you, you do it yourself. You escalate if needed. I have not heard of a single person who was not satisfied with the result.

Well my TA has done everything when I have a problem (yes I got the suite I wanted).  Why would I take the time to call Regent when My TA can handle it.  If a TA suggest you call Regent and handle yourself—it truly is time to fire your TA and find one that works for you—not just take commission.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Well my TA has done everything when I have a problem (yes I got the suite I wanted).  Why would I take the time to call Regent when My TA can handle it.  If a TA suggest you call Regent and handle yourself—it truly is time to fire your TA and find one that works for you—not just take commission.

No TA made that suggestion...I was trying to help by providing a path to resolution for some common complaints I have read about here without going too far out on a limb myself...apologies for my limited response.

Well, FWIW, we've also been doing the cruise shuffle - I'd forgotten how damn many cruises we cancelled/rescheduled/etc. since this whole Covid thing took off...

When the dust settled, we had 4 cruises booked, one in Jan '22, one in Apr '22, one in Jan '23, and one in Feb '24.  Like many of you we had thousands tied up in FCCs, many from a year and a half ago.  Long story short, due to my daughter's military commitments we had to cancel the April '22 and thought, "Hey, why not just see if we can apply the FCCs to the Jan '22 and Jan '23 cruises".

Wrong.

The Jan '23 cruise is 5 days past the arbitrary 'hard cutoff'.  Five days.  Regent won't budge.  I mean, I understand setting a cutoff date - I'm sure a lot of us are in this position - but every day that goes by is one less day we can actually USE these FCCs.  We looked at another cruise sometime before the end of '22 but there was nothing that both caught our eye and fit our schedule.  And frankly, I'm a bit leery of booking anything in spring/summer of '22 until we see how things go later this year and early next year.  So now we need to wait for refunds to process (who knows how long THAT will take?)  It just seems like it would make it much easier to slip these out a few months as we're not even sailing 18 months after the shutdown...

Like I said, I understand the need to eventually cut these FCCs off, but c'mon - if we can't sail, we can't sail.  <sigh>

I'm just hoping the January cruise manages to sail.  I NEED a Regent ship underneath my feet...

Edited by UUNetBill