CVS, then Walgreens Cancels - 3 days out.

WeatherFx

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We look at the Abbott Binax test as a $25 cruise insurance policy - A plan B reduces whatever remaining stress we might have had.

Why not use CVS or other places as a insurance policy. Just use the Abbott at home and be done; you don't have to drive anywhere. We have a appt. with CVS, and using them as a back-up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, parrotplay said:

Why not use CVS or other places as a insurance policy. Just use the Abbott at home and be done; you don't have to drive anywhere. We have a appt. with CVS, and using them as a back-up.

CVS is Plan A - at home test is Plan B. Local Quest PCR test is Plan C. Plan A worked fine for last week's Allure cruise, but we are doing a B2B on Allure in October, so contingency plans are in order.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, parrotplay said:

Our daughters who won't be down in florida until the Thursday before the cruise are scheduled for testing in Virginia and Indiana CVS's but we are doing the Home Proctored tests since we will already be in Florida and since the littles get out of school with very little time to do testing before their flight they will do the home proctored testing the next day after they get to Florida.  We have enough tests that if the girls tests are canceled for any reason they will test at the same time as the littles.  No stress just getting a little hoop jumping done so we can cruise.

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I was on the fence whether or not to by the test from eMed but now I think I will to have as a back up. I hope the PHL test works for you (if it's acceptable to an airline one would presume it would be acceptable to all carriers, but that may be too much of a presumption). Good luck!

Right now if you are planning a cruise this year, I would be...and persoanlly already have as well as recommended to anyone I know cruising...buy the Abbott test from eMed....even if you plan to schedule with CVS or Walgreens.....have yourself a back-up plan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, elleluv said:

We ordered from Emed Sunday night...  

Got an email asking to verify our email when we set up our account pretty quickly.     Received a "Thanks for your Order" email a couple of hours later.   

Email saying the order was approved as sent Monday morning.   

Email saying order shipped was Monday around noon.

Delivery scheduled for this afternoon  (Wednesday).

My BFF ordered from them Sunday afternoon...    hers were delivered yesterday

Thanks for sharing the information.

33 minutes ago, jollycrewzer said:

@WeatherFx, did you get your test?

Luckily, my testing site doesn't appear to be having issues.  My test is scheduled in 2 1/2 hours.  CVS just sent a text that I can come anytime between now and my scheduled time. 

Can't wait to be on Adventure with a drink in my hand!  The stress will be worth it! 

Yes, we got our antigen tests. Took 4 hours to the airport and back, $70 each- no insurance accepted. Waited 20 minutes, both negative. Hard copies and downloadable pdf. Got home and submitted Bahamas Health Visa.  Just got approval on the visas.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I ordered from emed a few hours ago but still haven’t heard that it’s being sent or a confirmation email.  How long was it after you ordered that you were emailed that they were on their way?

Not in a rush just don’t want them to arrive Saturday while we are not home….

when you placed your order did you set an up an emed account?   If yes, then you should be able to go "my orders" and check status.    

If you ordered before noon today you should have received sometime of order confirmation by now.    

If ordered after 12 noon (not sure if they are EST, CT zone?) then your order will processed tomorrow.   

At least that is what I read

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I ordered from emed a few hours ago but still haven’t heard that it’s being sent or a confirmation email.  How long was it after you ordered that you were emailed that they were on their way?

Not in a rush just don’t want them to arrive Saturday while we are not home….

I ordered yesterday morning.  Last night around 7 I got an email with tracking info.  This morning at 3 am I got the approval email (after they were already shipped). The tests arrived this afternoon. So a little over 24 hrs total from order to arrival. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BSocial said:

For those of you receiving the Binax CoVid test kits, what are the expiration dates printed on your box?  Just curious on remaining shelf life on current boxes being shipped to customers.  
 Thanks!

My boxes say 10-5-2021 so if you add the extra 3 months they are only good until 1/5/22.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see my account and it still says pending approval so we’ll see.  Good for others to know that you can not order these and really expect over night.  Expect 2 nights.  That’s pretty great however unless you are within the 3 day testing window.  

The home test will be Plan A just so we can do them at home.  But we will also use the antigen CVS as Plan B.  We have many urgent care centers around and a quest lab close by but I hope we don’t have to resort to that.  If it’s PCR it might not come back in time.

39 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

My boxes say 10-5-2021 so if you add the extra 3 months they are only good until 1/5/22.  

I believe FDA has extended the expiration date to twelve months.  This was on the emed website under the FAQ section …

C8550459-F25D-4D31-9CFC-8E1A3688A06C.png

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

I believe FDA has extended the expiration date to twelve months.  This was on the emed website under the FAQ section …

C8550459-F25D-4D31-9CFC-8E1A3688A06C.png

Someone posted a list of lot numbers and expiration dates. Mine say 10/5/21 on the box and the new expiration per the lot# is 1/5/22.  So you have about a 4 month window in which to use them. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

Where is this list of lot numbers and expirations dates posted?  We received our tests and I am not sure which date is accurate.  So a list of lot numbers would be helpful.  We do have appts. for in-person testing, but these tests are backups, if needed.  
thanks for your help!

17 minutes ago, NKS50 said:

Where is this list of lot numbers and expirations dates posted?  We received our tests and I am not sure which date is accurate.  So a list of lot numbers would be helpful.  We do have appts. for in-person testing, but these tests are backups, if needed.  
thanks for your help!

Here you go guess we will have to upload this file to every thread talking about it.

Case 01269955-COL-03030 BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Home Test Product Expiry Update - Customer Letter EN - US.pdf

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

I seriously thought about doing this when I first found the pdf but then I thought about how people don't read the entire thread before asking questions and figured it would be futile.

1 hour ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

I seriously thought about doing this when I first found the pdf but then I thought about how people don't read the entire thread before asking questions and figured it would be futile.

It probably is but we can say we tried.

• Like 1

Our first CVS cancelled on us (Glassboro NJ). Rescheduled to another local one but I’m terrified they will cancel at the new location. We’ve gotten rapids done at site in south Jersey that insurance covered! Good luck!

16 hours ago, mauraoel said:

It's not a PITA to order the home proctored tests its just getting the word out that this is probably your best bet, to not stress out over a cruise!

It would be great if ROYAL actually got the word out, since they’re the ones with the passenger lists. And I do mean actually letting passengers know - via an official communication that isn’t sandwiched between five thousand sales emails or that requires an unknowing passenger to visit a webpage that may list it “somewhere” on the page.  

I have received exactly zero communication from them.  They have four cell phone, one landline number and four email addresses with which to contact us on. Crickets. Only because I happened to click on a link here did I find out about the proctored test.
That should not be.

And the pompous people who think they’re better than the people who simply aren’t as up-to-the-minute and in-the-know and who come up short - maybe karma will have another surprise up her sleeve just for them. 

Edited by Chauncey Picklepants
  • Like 1