Rapid covid test at FLL airport

hunt182644

9 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Does anyone know if they are giving rapid covid tests at Fll  airport or the port it self for departing cruisers?

There are a couple of threads over on the Florida Departures board on testing options, but none include inside the port, last time I looked. If you are getting off a HAL ship, last I heard they were doing testing near the end of the cruise for those that need it for travel. Do you need it to travel to Nebraska?

If you mean heading towards a ship, each line has its own approach to on-site testing and/or pre-registration of results. 

If you are speaking to folks disembarking, at least some ships are testing onboard.

There is a Walgreen’s immediately outside the Eisenhower gates to the port. It’s likely to be pretty busy. There is a CVS at SE 17th Street and Federal Highway (US1). There is also a Walgreen’s at the southwest corner of Davie Boulevard (SE 12th Street) and US1/Federal Highway. I don’t know if Publix is testing. Please check online to validate test availability and scheduling requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

There are a couple of threads over on the Florida Departures board on testing options, but none include inside the port, last time I looked. If you are getting off a HAL ship, last I heard they were doing testing near the end of the cruise for those that need it for travel. Do you need it to travel to Nebraska?

No we will be getting off a Princess ship and getting on a Holland ship the next day. 

30 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

No we will be getting off a Princess ship and getting on a Holland ship the next day. 

Then I would be asking on the Princess board if they are also doing testing late in their cruises for people who need for travel or other reasons.

10 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

Both Princess and Holland America are not requiring testing on cruises after 10/31 so you would not need a test.We are also leaving a Princess ship and boarding a HAL ship in November.

5 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

Both Princess and Holland America are not requiring testing on cruises after 10/31 so you would not need a test.We are also leaving a Princess ship and boarding a HAL ship in November.

While one can hope that it ends 10/31, but be prepared that it will be extended.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnmik1 said:

As of now....I would have a Plan B and perhaps, Plan C.

1 hour ago, johnmik1 said:

I’m fully expecting that testing will be required through the end of the year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

I haven't read anywhere that says they aren't requiring testing after 10/31.  As I read the rules now, it says only that it's required until 10/31, but do you know of a place where it's stated definitely that pre-board testing will NOT be required?  Just curious, not trying to be contrary.

I came so close to pulling the trigger to rebook on MSC using one of my FCCs and sail from Miami, disembark, get a shuttle to FLL, then Uber over to Port Everglades for my NA sailing in December.

Then I started worrying about whether I'd need to be tested with only a few hours in between sailings.  I was going to ask on the MSC board whether I would be tested before disembarking in Miami.  Then I considered booking a different ship which would disembark the day before NA sails, so that would give me a day in between to find somewhere to get tested, assuming I could get quick results.  I had read a travel article online that stated testing was available at the FLL airport.

In the end, I decided I didn't want to do anything to risk not being able to board NA.