What are current Mask requirements onboard as of Sept 1st?

ERParadise

Mask regulations for passengers will begin on 9/11/21 and will mirror the laws of the country in which the ship is located. 

So yes, masks will be required onboard as per whatever the local laws are as long as the ship is in the territorial waters of said country.

I have heard no mask requirements at sea but who knows...

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 5:33 PM, ERParadise said:

With all kinds of opinions flying around I would like to know what actual current policy is for Regent ships as to if masks are ever required onboard and if they are in what situations?

Check the RSSC Health/Safety page: https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols. The answer you want is in the FAQ under General Health & Safety.

Be aware that this page holds the definitive answer (as per the ticket contract), and the info and requirements change often, with no version date posted, so you have to read the whole thing over and over to catch the changes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I thought you were years away from booking...?

Call Regent or your TA - don't take my word for it. You, if you ever book, will have thousands of dollars on the line - get the correct answer, in writing, and hope it doesn't change.

With the continuing uncertainty about requirements, you probably thought right, unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Right now, even if the law changes and mask aren’t required do what’s right for you, if you feel comfortable wearing a mask do it—I plan to keep mine on for sometime—not caring what others think.

I may help to remember that wearing a mask is not for your own protection.  It is for the protection of those around you: even if you are fully vaccinated and don't have symptoms you can still be spreading the virus through the air.

2 hours ago, DavidTheWonderer said:

I may help to remember that wearing a mask is not for your own protection.  It is for the protection of those around you: even if you are fully vaccinated and don't have symptoms you can still be spreading the virus through the air.

It really is both protection for you and others.  We have states now that don’t want you to wear a mask—say it’s perfectly safe—-I’ll got the vaccinations and wear a mash.

• Like 1