Future Cruise Credit Accepted, then Rejected

compman9

I went through the UK website to book a trip this morning.

There was a box where I could put my FCC # in.

The price was not adjusted, but I presumed this was a glitch and would be rectified when payment was taken. No biggie.

I received an email this afternoon saying that as the cruise was fully paid, the Future Cruise Certificate was not applicable.

Is this normal? 

If it is, why is there no information about this on the website - If there was not an opportunity to put the numbers in, I would have called and maybe reconsidered for a different cruise

Compman9,

Same thing happened to me.  I got all the way to the payment screen for the online booking, put in my FCC#, it showed as valid, but the only option was to pay the full balance to confirm the booking.  I later learned that this was because I was inside the final payment due timeline and Royal's booking website isn't programmed for this circumstance.

You're unfortunately going to have to call Royal and explain the situation to them.  In my case the agent confirmed it was a known issue but she still had to escalate the matter to a supervisor.  There was about a 15 minute hold time before the agent came back on the phone and confirmed that the supervisor had approved an extension of the final payment due date and had submitted for a refund to my credit card in the same amount as the FCC.  I waited 4 days for the refund to appear on my credit card transaction history, then I had to call back AGAIN to have the FCC applied to the outstanding balance due.  Call them the second time, don't try to apply the certificate online.  Finally I am showing paid in full for the booking.  

One more piece of advice - the FCC can only be applied to the cost of the cruise, not to taxes and/or fees.  If you have more on your FCC than the cruise fare they will try to sell you an upgrade, or agree to issue a new FCC with the remainder.  Hope this is helpful.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

I went through the UK website to book a trip this morning.

There was a box where I could put my FCC # in.

The price was not adjusted, but I presumed this was a glitch and would be rectified when payment was taken. No biggie.

I received an email this afternoon saying that as the cruise was fully paid, the Future Cruise Certificate was not applicable.

Is this normal? 

If it is, why is there no information about this on the website - If there was not an opportunity to put the numbers in, I would have called and maybe reconsidered for a different cruise

If it is paid in full now you should have approved a specific payment amount during the booking process. Was this payment you confirmed minus the FCC or not? 

5 minutes ago, CruisinHeels said:

Compman9,

Same thing happened to me.  I got all the way to the payment screen for the online booking, put in my FCC#, it showed as valid, but the only option was to pay the full balance to confirm the booking.  I later learned that this was because I was inside the final payment due timeline and Royal's booking website isn't programmed for this circumstance.

You're unfortunately going to have to call Royal and explain the situation to them.  In my case the agent confirmed it was a known issue but she still had to escalate the matter to a supervisor.  There was about a 15 minute hold time before the agent came back on the phone and confirmed that the supervisor had approved an extension of the final payment due date and had submitted for a refund to my credit card in the same amount as the FCC.  I waited 4 days for the refund to appear on my credit card transaction history, then I had to call back AGAIN to have the FCC applied to the outstanding balance due.  Call them the second time, don't try to apply the certificate online.  Finally I am showing paid in full for the booking.  

One more piece of advice - the FCC can only be applied to the cost of the cruise, not to taxes and/or fees.  If you have more on your FCC than the cruise fare they will try to sell you an upgrade, or agree to issue a new FCC with the remainder.  Hope this is helpful.  Good luck.

In Europe the published rate always includes all taxes and fees and you can indeed apply an FCC to it.