Deck 8 Aft Facing Cabins on Sky Princess

red919

I'm thinking of booking one of the deck 8 aft facing cabins on the Sky Princess.  I've never been in an aft cabin so am wondering the pros and cons.  Obviously the view is a big pro as well as location close to deck 7 but worry being over the Vista Lounge might bring unwelcome noise from below.  Also wondering how loud wake is and if you feel more engine vibrations.  I don't mind more rocking as I like feeling I'm on a ship but wondering if early morning docking would be unusually loud back there.

If anyone who's been in one of these cabins could chime in on your experience, good or bad, I'd be very grateful.

1 minute ago, skynight said:

You will feel the thrusters at times. Aft cabins tend to move a little more than mid ship ones. I would look at the aft cabins on decks 9 & 11. They have larger balconies with cabins above and below. 

Thanks!  I'd prefer one on those decks as I've read they're also half covered but none are available.  My second choice was the last one remaining on deck 12 but it sold before my travel agent could get to it so only option now are those on deck 8.

46 minutes ago, Cypress201 said:

We were in an aft corner Deck 14 to Caribbean - you felt the thrusters a bit - but barely noticeable.  The view is wonderful and the wake noise we didn't hear in cabin when doors were closed.  Also not much traffic in the hallways, so quiet.

Thanks ...a corner aft must have been wonderful!

Yes, some thruster action

Yes, more movement sensation

Yes, the wake is quite audible

Some people absolutely do not care for the above.

And many LOVE the movement and wake noise. Personally, we ignore any thruster

sensations as it is usually brief.

However, as "skynight" has mentioned, not all balconies are created equal, even on the aft.

You may get some noise from the Vista lounge, but many have said it is not that noticeable.

If I were you, I would keep checking and maybe a larger aft balcony may become available on Dolphin, Baja, Riviera, or Marina decks. Enjoy!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nini said:

Yes, some thruster action

Yes, more movement sensation

Yes, the wake is quite audible

Some people absolutely do not care for the above.

And many LOVE the movement and wake noise. Personally, we ignore any thruster

sensations as it is usually brief.

However, as "skynight" has mentioned, not all balconies are created equal, even on the aft.

You may get some noise from the Vista lounge, but many have said it is not that noticeable.

If I were you, I would keep checking and maybe a larger aft balcony may become available on Dolphin, Baja, Riviera, or Marina decks. Enjoy!

Thanks!