First time on Harmony of the Seas, questions before I book

jkx

Hello all!
I am looking to book Harmony or Symphony this coming december but have some questions. It is leaving Port Canaveral FL

Looking to book a balcony for the first time (oceanview)

What would be the ideal floor for an oceanview balcony stateroom? Looks like I have choices in decks 7-11, but  I would like to avoid noise from outdoors and around the cabin. Speaking of cabin noise, do the glass doors in the balcony block out the outside noise from waves, ports?

How likely will the sailings listed in December actually sail? Are they still cancelling sailings or should I assume that since it is for sale now they will sale?

And I know this is probably a stupid question but since it is a closed-circuit cruise, I don't need to bring anything besides  a drivers license as identification, correct?

Thank you all!

Best to have cabins above and below you rather than public areas.  As to other noises, you won’t be alone on the ship so there will always be the potential for noise.  No way to tell if you will have noisy neighbors.  The doors to the balcony do close very securely so will block most noise, again no way to guarantee all noise will be blocked.  
I would not assume any cruise is a lock to sail under current circumstances.  Just because it is on sale doesn’t mean it WILL sail.  If you do book it and they cancel, you can get your deposit back.

I never sail without a passport.  Yes, technically closed loop cruises do not require it but if you get stuck in a foreign port, you’re gonna need it.  A chance I’m not willing to take but YMMV.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jkx said:

And I know this is probably a stupid question but since it is a closed-circuit cruise, I don't need to bring anything besides  a drivers license as identification, correct?

Thank you all!

I dont believe this is correct. You need your birth certificate and drivers license if you dont have a passport. 

Drivers license is not sufficient.

Who can be sure by dec the protocols and which ships will be sailing. I'd book one going now over one that has yet to restart.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jkx said:

Hello all!
I am looking to book Harmony or Symphony this coming december but have some questions. It is leaving Port Canaveral FL

Looking to book a balcony for the first time (oceanview)

What would be the ideal floor for an oceanview balcony stateroom? Looks like I have choices in decks 7-11, but  I would like to avoid noise from outdoors and around the cabin. Speaking of cabin noise, do the glass doors in the balcony block out the outside noise from waves, ports?

How likely will the sailings listed in December actually sail? Are they still cancelling sailings or should I assume that since it is for sale now they will sale?

Thank you all!

OP....A certified BC not just a hospital copy.

Deck 8, 9, 10 or 11. mid-ship. Avoid a connecting cabin

• Like 1

I'm not sure on the Visa requirements, but I would start here.  Hopefully, some of the more experienced CC members will have more knowledge.

RCL Passport Requirements / Green Card

Ashland's deck recs are very good.  On Symphony we were on Deck 7 and actually really liked it except for one thing, you had to make sure to get the right elevators because of Boardwalk.  But, it was quiet and convenient.

Edited by jk04
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jk04 said:

I'm not sure on the Visa requirements, but I would start here.  Hopefully, some of the more experienced CC members will have more knowledge.

RCL Passport Requirements / Green Card

Ashland's deck recs are very good.  On Symphony we were on Deck 7 and actually really liked it except for one thing, you had to make sure to get the right elevators because of Boardwalk.  But, it was quiet and convenient.

Yes...Thanks...and why I didn't include deck #7.

• Like 1