Covid testing between back to back?

FishLips23

We are (hopefully) cruising on our first B2B on Harmony in November. My husband and I are fully vaccinated and we have a 4 year old who is not obviously. I'm assuming there are protocols in place for testing in this scenario, but nothing came up in search. Has anyone experienced this yet? Will we have to disembark, get tested off ship, then go through check in at pier? That would be incredibly inconvenient, but trying to make sure we have a plan in place if so.

Thank you!

45 minutes ago, FishLips23 said:

We are (hopefully) cruising on our first B2B on Harmony in November. My husband and I are fully vaccinated and we have a 4 year old who is not obviously. I'm assuming there are protocols in place for testing in this scenario, but nothing came up in search. Has anyone experienced this yet? Will we have to disembark, get tested off ship, then go through check in at pier? That would be incredibly inconvenient, but trying to make sure we have a plan in place if so.

Thank you!

Procedures/protocols are constantly changing but for b2b cruisers this summer they were testing everyone on board the last day of the first cruise.    

• Like 1

Official word:

Update: Sailing Protocols for Back-to-Back Guests

With our last back-to-back update, we provided the wrong information and apologize for the confusion.

We had advised all back-to-back guests that they were required to pack their bags and bring them to the terminal between sailings. This is incorrect. Back-to-back guests do not need to pack their bags and bring them to the terminal.

Below is the corrected back-to-back testing information in bold and some additional details for our consecutive cruisers. We've sent the below details to your clients and we kindly ask that you please also share it with them. Thank you for your support & partnership!

Back-to-Back Sailing Requirements

Testing Information
Guests who sail on back-to-back cruises must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing.

This test will be administered onboard at no expense to the guest. The regular back-to-back process will occur on turnaround day which means, back-to-back guests will debark (leaving their luggage onboard) and check-in for the next cruise will take place.

Be sure to bring your COVID-19 Vaccine record card, as well as your Passport and any important documents needed to board your next sailing.

And if you're sailing on consecutive cruises on different ships within 3 days, we will arrange for a complimentary pre-cruise COVID-19 test on the last day of your sailing. Just let Guest Services onboard know a couple of days before you disembark and they'll arrange the complimentary test for you.

Click here to learn about other pre-cruise and boarding day testing requirements which vary based on departure port.

Again, we are sorry for the confusion caused.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Official word:

With our last back-to-back update, we provided the wrong information and apologize for the confusion.

We had advised all back-to-back guests that they were required to pack their bags and bring them to the terminal between sailings. This is incorrect. Back-to-back guests do not need to pack their bags and bring them to the terminal.

Below is the corrected back-to-back testing information in bold and some additional details for our consecutive cruisers. We've sent the below details to your clients and we kindly ask that you please also share it with them. Thank you for your support & partnership!

Testing Information
Guests who sail on back-to-back cruises must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing.

This test will be administered onboard at no expense to the guest. The regular back-to-back process will occur on turnaround day which means, back-to-back guests will debark (leaving their luggage onboard) and check-in for the next cruise will take place.

Be sure to bring your COVID-19 Vaccine record card, as well as your Passport and any important documents needed to board your next sailing.

And if you're sailing on consecutive cruises on different ships within 3 days, we will arrange for a complimentary pre-cruise COVID-19 test on the last day of your sailing. Just let Guest Services onboard know a couple of days before you disembark and they'll arrange the complimentary test for you.

Click here to learn about other pre-cruise and boarding day testing requirements which vary based on departure port.

Sincerely,

That's nice. Let's hope it stays the same/similar. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Official word:

Testing Information

Sincerely,

Thanks for posting this.  I have 2 b2b bookings next year, and one that has a day in between.  I was relieved to see they will provide the test even if there's a break between the cruises.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pcur said:

Thanks for posting this.  I have 2 b2b bookings next year, and one that has a day in between.  I was relieved to see they will provide the test even if there's a break between the cruises.  

You're very welcome.  

I had seen people here comment that this is what had happened on their B2B, and I had asked my TA for some sort of written confirmation because I have a string of five side-to-side and back-to-back cruises coming up in a couple months and I didn't want to have to stress about the testing for each one.... and about three days later RC came out with this email. 

Now I only have to stress about the first one, and the other four will be handled by Royal.

I'll be sailing 9/13-17 on Freedom, then back on Odyssey 9/19-25. I had planned to get tested on Freedom on the 16th. Since they changed the pre cruise testing to a 2 day period, I wonder whether the 3 days referred to above is still true? Also wonder if the 2 day is in effect for back to back will Freedom test me on disembark day? I've made a backup plan just in case but hope to not have to do this.