Oasis of the Seas first revenue cruise on September 5th

DJLDRUMS

17 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Ship is moving pretty quick today and everything is rocking pretty steadily. Walking down our hall on deck 9 causes us to sway back and forth - I am prone to motion sickness and have definitely felt sicker today than i have in a while on a cruise (though Sprite is helping a lot. I cant take Dramamine since it makes me exhausted). My husbands fine....of course...

We did the escape room today and they only allowed 12 in. It was definitely tricky but we would still highly recommend. We didn't win (womp), but we were told only 1 group all week won, so we dont feel that bad.

Lobster night tonight! Also first showing of Cats.

To whomever asked about game shows: no quest this week. The only game show we are going to get is the yes/no game show tomorrow and thats it. A fairly light entertainment schedule this week fwiw.

Ok..thanks for the information on no Quest, yes, I was inquiring. If it wasn't on your sailing I doubt it will be on our come this Sunday. Maybe in the foreseeable future when /if social distancing isn't as strict.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Shhh, don't say that; the folks that think O class never move enough to cause that may be in for a rude awakening.

I’m not feeling much.   Possibly a tad, but nothing of concern.  The only time you notice is the little sway of the pool water.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Remember, the cruise lines objectives is to increase capacity.    However, if these stringent protocols remain I don't see how.  The big joke going around is the green bracelet as to the need since all adults are vaxxed.

Yup, that makes no sense for 12+ to be wearing those bracelets on any of the ships.    Time to have the kids under 12 to wear them as being unvaxxed instead of the adults who are fully vaxxed.    

As you said I don't see the pool rule working out well when they increase ship capacity, 9 people in the pool isn't very many.   Oh well, all we can do is follow the rules if we want to cruise.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, that makes no sense for 12+ to be wearing those bracelets on any of the ships.    Time to have the kids under 12 to wear them as being unvaxxed instead of the adults who are fully vaxxed.    

As you said I don't see the pool rule working out well when they increase ship capacity, 9 people in the pool isn't very many.   Oh well, all we can do is follow the rules if we want to cruise.

I’m just glad I’m able to cruise😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Remember, the cruise lines objectives is to increase capacity.    However, if these stringent protocols remain I don't see how.  The big joke going around is the green bracelet as to the need since all adults are vaxxed.

I thought adults (even if vaxxed) with children under 12 on board are considered unvaxxed so don't get bracelets.  Is that not true?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If the vaxxed adults are not wearing any identifying bracelet, what is to stop an unvaxxed 11 year old from pretending to be vaxxed by simply taking off the unvaxxed bracelet?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PCHENG said:

If the vaxxed adults are not wearing any identifying bracelet, what is to stop an unvaxxed 11 year old from pretending to be vaxxed by simply taking off the unvaxxed bracelet?

I know...how about they stamp their hand with that dye that is impossible to remove.  Make it a fun a stamp kids would like.   

No biggy I will wear stupid band if I have to.

On 9/9/2021 at 4:34 PM, nelblu said:

Based on the Trenton diocese catholic schools they have the week off after Easter Sunday.  Pre-pandemic I would make family reserves for that week. I have one on Easter ‘22, based on the protocols it does not look good

Are you in Mercer County? 

2 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

Second and sixth 

Ahh....thank you for that clarification ! So as your cruise is winding down can you provide your high's and low's of what you found from taking the first cruise from Bayonne on the Oasis ?

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The only reason I can think of for them not doing this is that the kids already have to wear a wristband (or at least they used to pre-covid) so it might just be too confusing for the staff to quickly eyeball passengers if they have to differentiate between the two bands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovelife said:

I thought adults (even if vaxxed) with children under 12 on board are considered unvaxxed so don't get bracelets.  Is that not true?

A vaxxed adult sailing with children is allowed entry to vaxxed only places on the ship if the child is off doing something else or in daycare area.

5 hours ago, jerseyk said:

Can someone please take a pic of the Scotch drink menu, I would like to see what I can get for under $13😀

Thank You!

Walter

I don't have the paper menu in front of me (all restaurants have one if you request it, but you are pushed towards the app first for cleanliness).  So here are screenshot from the app for Globe and Atlas

Screenshot_20210910-224407.png

Screenshot_20210910-224413.png

Screenshot_20210910-224424.png