Harmony TA 10/31 cancelled ... again?

Gracie115

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

Many of us have to do that for any cruise...

Can't really compare prices on airfare and hotel rooms for Europe to US. That is what I meant, there is an added difference in price for cruising in Europe.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

$125pp/day to me is not a high price - certainly a heck of a lot less than the B2B2B that was used as the comparable on Oasis:

You can sail Oasis for 3 weeks for the same as the price of the 14 day tranny....I priced it out. And you don't have to go to Europe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bajathree said:

You can sail Oasis for 3 weeks for the same as the price of the 14 day tranny....I priced it out. And you don't have to go to Europe.

That 14 day Trans only has 1 port stop too. 13 sea days...........seems like a lot of hassle to go across the pond for that and then if you end up with a Positive test for covid before boarding, then you end up in quarantine for 10 days and then you have to fly home, your ship has sailed..........

Not worth the risk , do the B2B2B in the US.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

That 14 day Trans only has 1 port stop too. 13 sea days...........seems like a lot of hassle to go across the pond for that and then if you end up with a Positive test for covid before board, then you end up in quarantine for 10 days and then you have to fly home, your ship has sailed..........

Believe it or not, there are folks who like massive amounts of sea days.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That 14 day Trans only has 1 port stop too. 13 sea days...........seems like a lot of hassle to go across the pond for that and then if you end up with a Positive test for covid before boarding, then you end up in quarantine for 10 days and then you have to fly home, your ship has sailed..........

Bigger risk in just going to USA compared to going to the EU 😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Sorry, but you are wrong.  Apples to apples, a Cat 4D, 14 night TA costs $2100.  A Cat 4D 7 night on Oasis $1900.  So, how do you figure two more weeks on Oasis for $200?  Sounds like some fuzzy math to me.   Are you talking bilge stateroom for the 3 weeks?

Edited by Auntiemomo

19 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Sorry, but you are wrong.  Apples to apples, a Cat 4D, 14 night TA costs $2100.  A Cat 4D 7 night on Oasis $1900.  So, how do you figure two more weeks on Oasis for $200?  Sounds like some fuzzy math to me.  

check current prices.....balconies in October on OASIS are only Balcony GTY $1300 

Your 4D is currently $4030.24 for the 14 night Transatlantic

Might be why the prices are so high on the Transatlantic..........whoever books now is automatic full price money in Royal's bank account...........all you end up with when they cancel soon is another FCC to use by September 2022.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

check current prices.....balconies in October on OASIS are only $450 per person

I was checking current prices -- apples to apples -- 4D stateroom.  You are looking at GTY balconies.  You are going to the Bahamas and changing rooms every 7 days.  If that's what you like, go for it.  GTY for the 17 & 24 Oct sailings combined come out to $2,530.  Harmony 14 days $2100.  So, your B2B costs more and you get to enjoy Bayonne, Nassau, Port Canaveral, and CocoCay two times.   

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I was checking current prices -- apples to apples -- 4D stateroom.  You are looking at GTY balconies.  You are going to the Bahamas and changing rooms every 7 days.  If that's what you like, go for it.  GTY for the 17 & 24 Oct sailings combined come out to $2,530.  Harmony 14 days $2100.  So, your B2B costs more and you get to enjoy Bayonne, Nassau, Port Canaveral, and CocoCay two times.   

Still no idea where you are finding you Harmony 4D for $2100, it's $4000 

21 days straight on a cruise ship is always better then 14 days.

Edited by Jimbo

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Believe it or not, there are folks who like massive amounts of sea days.

You can have a sea day on your balcony every day at home though. Not so much a need for cruising for you.

But I guess that is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream. You can do what makes you happy.

30 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Sorry, but you are wrong.  Apples to apples, a Cat 4D, 14 night TA costs $2100.  A Cat 4D 7 night on Oasis $1900.  So, how do you figure two more weeks on Oasis for $200?  Sounds like some fuzzy math to me.   Are you talking bilge stateroom for the 3 weeks?

No idea where you are pricing. Current Royal Caribbean pricing on a 4D double occupancy for the Harmony tranny with all the discounts Royal would allow me to add including my D+ discount is $3804.24.

Just now, bajathree said:

No idea where you are pricing. Current Royal Caribbean pricing on a 4D double occupancy for the Harmony tranny with all the discounts Royal would allow me to add including my D+ discount is $3804.24.

You are correct.  That's the "current" price.  I paid $2,100 with my D+ discount.  You can't do a B2B2B for that at Oasis' current prices for a 4D.  Not even with a GTY.  

Just now, Auntiemomo said:

You are correct.  That's the "current" price.  I paid $2,100 with my D+ discount.  You can't do a B2B2B for that at Oasis' current prices for a 4D.  Not even with a GTY.  

Exactly my original point.....when you see current price almost double original on these sailings right now...its usually a sign of something to come.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm doing a B2B, 21 days, for $3900.  I'm going for the chocolate ice cream, because that's my choice.  Maybe have a little gelato along with that in Italy.  😉

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

check current prices.....balconies in October on OASIS are only Balcony GTY $1300 

Might be why the prices are so high on the Transatlantic..........whoever books now is automatic full price money in Royal's bank account...........all you end up with when they cancel soon is another FCC to use by September 2022.

If Royal cancels you get either 125% FCC or $$ refund.  We will take the refund

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

14-night balcony on this TA is ~$3,500 for two passengers - I don't find that high.

Just checked our invoice. We booked the Harmony TA on may 3rd 2020. Cabin 12204 which is a large balcony on the forward hump was $2712.00 total. Right now that cabin is $5080.00. Your price of $3500 would be for the absolute cheapest balcony cabin on the the ship, a Central Park balcony.  My cabin has increased by $2400.. prices are high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Balcony gty on Oasis is more likely a CP, not a 4D

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Turnaround day is bad. A little better with new muster system, but day 1, 3 times is still weak vs straight through

Just curious, have you done many 21 day B3B's or 14 day TA's

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You can have a sea day on your balcony every day at home though. Not so much a need for cruising for you.

But I guess that is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream. You can do what makes you happy.

While my condo is lovely, being at sea on a ship is still a nicer experience 

• Like 1