Harmony TA 10/31 cancelled ... again?

Gracie115

19 hours ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Celebrity has a 15 night Panama Canal cruise that departs San Diego on 10/27. I believe its the first Panama Canal trip with passengers and as far as I can tell, the longest trip so far...

Nope.  Good friends on Serenade leaving LA headed to MIA via Panama Canal on 10/1/21.  

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What's in your coffee this morning?

A double shot of screw everyone else…. It’s all about me…. High demanded additive on here! 🤐🤡😂

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Nope.  Good friends on Serenade leaving LA headed to MIA via Panama Canal on 10/1/21.  

Oh nice! Didn't see that one on the port schedules but I checked those about a month ago. Glad to see another long one going out before mine. Gives me more hope that mine will actually happen!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, island lady said:

.but they all leave and return to the U.S.  

That's the key to cruising here. To many changes in protocols and a travel ban to foreign ports for embarkation can go into effect at a drop of a dime.  I also wouldn't want to fly to Europe only to test positive 2 days before boarding.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 3:43 PM, Jimbo said:

check current prices.....balconies in October on OASIS are only Balcony GTY $1300 

Your 4D is currently $4030.24 for the 14 night Transatlantic

Might be why the prices are so high on the Transatlantic..........whoever books now is automatic full price money in Royal's bank account...........all you end up with when they cancel soon is another FCC to use by September 2022.

Or 6 months until you get a cash refund.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's the key to cruising here. To many changes in protocols and a travel ban to foreign ports for embarkation can go into effect at a drop of a dime.  I also wouldn't want to fly to Europe only to test positive 2 days before boarding.

Someone on the main RCI boards posted that the Daddy tested positive just before boarding in Barcelona.  Had to sit in a hotel room for two weeks, including all family that were exposed to him. 

Me...no way I would go through that.  If it were to happen to me...I would rather be near my home to quarantine...not a hotel room.  

They even had to watch as the ship came back in and left again without them.  Not the way you want to spend your European vacation.  😮 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Did this get confirmed yet?

It was a pretty detailed thread. Certainly not something that sounded made up.

Link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2800076-denied-boarding-for-harmony-of-the-seas-from-barcelona-due-to-covid-positive-result-at-the-terminal/?tab=comments#comment-61775356 

Edited by Coralc

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Did this get confirmed yet?

10 days quarantine in a designated hotel is the regular procedure for tourists in Spain. There are many accounts of this from TUI Cruises, AIDA, MSC and now RCI. All contact persons have to quarantine too.

steamboats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 12:54 PM, Iamcruzin said:

Adorable Aussies!  ❤️🦴

9 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Thanks, I was just referring to the cruise getting canceled, either totally or for UK residents.

Not confirmed.  There's a healthy bit of speculation, especially from those with no skin in the game.  My reservation and planner purchases are still fully intact.