My Silversea is back up!

Fortunate2

1 hour ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Finally was able to access mysilversea after working with customer service to rectify misinformation in my account.  This is actually not the first time  I’ve had problems with the system and have corrected the misinformation in the past.  So I am thinking that perhaps the older version of my info was somehow revived when the site was reactivated.  Anyway, fixed now and perhaps I should start comparing the excursion offerings with private arrangements.

Happy to see you are back up! I know you were quite frustrated.

• Like 1

I am able to log on, but all of the offered shore excursion for the first half of our back-to-back have disappeared...when I select activities there is nothing displayed for the first 9 days.  We are sailing from Barcelona on Nov. 19 and I've heard rumors that both Morroco ports will be skipped so perhaps they are trying to restructure that part of the cruise, but it would be helpful to just tell us that instead of leaving us in the dark.  This is our first SS cruise and I'm not comfortable with their methods of communication.  I've contacted my independent agent about this, but she can only tell me what SS tells her, with is basically nothing right now!

@ITravelNow Funny as it seems to say it, a cruise more than two months away is still a long time out the way the world is operating now. The only constant is change. 😉

If they are dropping ports and re-arranging the itinerary, they won't communicate that until they have all the new pieces in place. In the meantime, they might remove existing excursion options so people don't book them. There's no communication which says, "things are changing with your upcoming cruise, but we don't have the details yet, so just be patient" -- as you can imagine, that would just ignite more questions they aren't ready to answer yet.

So although it seems frustrating, I'd say to try to just remain patient and see what develops. They certainly will communicate with you if they are changing the itinerary and/or if excursions you've booked have been canceled. Keep in mind that they are in the process of canceling a number of cruises, re-arranging a number of other cruises, and they are backlogged on top of that because their entire IT system was down for most of two weeks. These are not "normal times" by any means, so try not to let it create a negative impression of Silversea before your first cruise.