Updated, Sept 7th, Princess Covid Tests Required thru Dec 31st...

LACruiser88

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Interesting that the Princess FAQ that mentions setting up near port mobile test sites states that the entity doing the testing would not accept insurance.

information i posted was found on https://covidtesting.cityhealthuc.com/locations/long-beach

when i was looking for rapid test in LA area, i was not able to find any Rapid test covered by insurance, the cheapest private pay i found was for $80 done in LAX. my friend who had a contact with positive person paid $75 out of her packet to have Rapid PCR test in addition to what was charged from her insurance for regular PCR.

1 hour ago, manunia said:

information i posted was found on https://covidtesting.cityhealthuc.com/locations/long-beach

when i was looking for rapid test in LA area, i was not able to find any Rapid test covered by insurance, the cheapest private pay i found was for $80 done in LAX. my friend who had a contact with positive person paid $75 out of her packet to have Rapid PCR test in addition to what was charged from her insurance for regular PCR.

My insurance have always covered our tests.  Standard BC/BS.

Does anyone realize that ALL the crew on the Princess ships are not vaccinated?

I just cancelled my February 2022 trip on the Sky Princess.  Can't believe  that with the fear of this virus that we have to be vaccinated but not all the crew?  Come on......

1 hour ago, djtx2 said:

Does anyone realize that ALL the crew on the Princess ships are not vaccinated?

I just cancelled my February 2022 trip on the Sky Princess.  Can't believe  that with the fear of this virus that we have to be vaccinated but not all the crew?  Come on......

How do you know that?  When I sailed the majestic July 25 this year multiple crew told me 100% were vaccinated.  There were a dozen still in isolation waiting to finish their 14 days post vaccine. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

How do you know that?  When I sailed the majestic July 25 this year multiple crew told me 100% were vaccinated.  There were a dozen still in isolation waiting to finish their 14 days post vaccine. 

Yes, everyone thats been on the cruises so far have said the crew and passengers are all 100%.  On the PCL website, it says they are following the CDC guidelines.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Interesting that the Princess FAQ that mentions setting up near port mobile test sites states that the entity doing the testing would not accept insurance.

Most independent locations (example:  airports) will charge you and give you an invoice to submit to your insurance company.  It is then up to the provider to reimburse you.  Since the airport usually means travel...not sure how that will work.  I've never done it and my brother was too lazy to submit the paper work to Medicare.  

I've taken many tests and have yet to be charge.  It does not show up on Medicare or other insurance as even being submitted although information was provide.  

Hi everyone,

So I tested positive a few weeks ago. I am fully vaccinated. The nurse said you can still test positive 90 days or more. Cruise is now in 75 days. Reading through the Princess rules, there was verbiage to the effect that if you had tested positive, were fully vaccinated, and had the test result and a letter from your doctor, all which was within 90 days of the cruise, you were good to go. 

Has ANYONE else read something like this?

Thank you in advance. 

19 minutes ago, MikeNTeriAZ said:

Hi everyone,

So I tested positive a few weeks ago. I am fully vaccinated. The nurse said you can still test positive 90 days or more. Cruise is now in 75 days. Reading through the Princess rules, there was verbiage to the effect that if you had tested positive, were fully vaccinated, and had the test result and a letter from your doctor, all which was within 90 days of the cruise, you were good to go. 

Has ANYONE else read something like this?

Thank you in advance. 

@MikeNTeriAZ I think this is what you are looking for, see the last paragraph.  I would contact Princess to find  out more about the process for the specific exemption that applies to your situation. 9F2F0934-9F0A-4FE5-AAE1-DB5F6826F062.thumb.png.2ccbb9687f64004c86ca4f2ab5b91f7a.png

Other cruise lines are mandating their employees are vaccinated.  I would expect a Cruise Line which I consider a top of the line  cruise line to go a step above like some of the other ones to make sure ALL their people are vaccinated.  They mandate the guests to be vaccinated.(I have been on 16 Princess Cruises) and I am very disappointed in their stand on his