Disappointments, Disappointments

dmk

Well, as silly as it may sound and as unpopular as it is with others, I love the life boat drill. I like standing there in my life preserver (looking like Mae West) and knowing that the whole trip is stretched out in front of me. That's my very favorite moment.

What a great way to look at the life boat drill!!

Hi,:) this thread is a year old...actually this month it is

a year old;)

The title makes folks think it was a gripe but in reality,

well virtually on here:D it is the good things that happen

on a cruise!

Being pampered for a week is a very good thing:)

Lois,

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.:)

It is fun to read all the ways people love Celebrity Cruising. I remember, I had started this thread because there had been so much complaining and griping. It seemed people were taking this forum in the wrong direction. It is nice to see that this kind of reporting has left this forum.

Hi, I am glad I found this thread too:D :) :D

and it seems there are plenty of positive things

about Celebrity~I don't want to mention the other stuff

(the opposite of positive;) )....I love cruising on X!

Lois,

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.:)

It is fun to read all the ways people love Celebrity Cruising. I remember, I had started this thread because there had been so much complaining and griping. It seemed people were taking this forum in the wrong direction. It is nice to see that this kind of reporting has left this forum.

Hmmm....I don't think it left, because there are always

those who want to take it in that direction. I just know

I loved re-reading this and wanted others to see it again

too:D

I think I missed this the first time around but everything here (I just read through all of it) still rings true for me today. I can't wait to set onboard a Celebrity ship and enjoy all the wonderful things mentioned in this thread.

I love the outdoor aft dining area outside the buffet area on the M-class ships. It's my favorite spot early in the morning. Peaceful, quiet, watching the ocean go by. It makes all that yummy food everyone is talking about taste even better ;) .

I just got off my first Celebrity Century cruise on Saturday, May 26th. I had the most wonderful time. We were touring Scotland and Ireland. I was amazed at some of the complaints I overheard which were so trival. We had one day that the winds were blowing hard (65 MPH) overnight. There was nothing that could be done to stop that and our captain steered away from them, which certainly was the correct thing to do. I thought the ship itself was beautiful. The food, service, entertainment were excellent and I will be sailing on Celebrity again in the future.

Thank you for bringing this wonderful thread back to life to be enjoyed again, or in my case, for the first time. Just reading the happy sentiments and memories from everyone, renews the excitement and anticipation that we have, as we count down the next 5 months. You've all given us so many great things to look for, and look forward to, as we board our first Celebrity cruise! I really don't want to wish summer away now that it's finally here, but...

Mary

Greetings to all Celebrity Cruisers. My first cruise was with Celebrity, and I will never forget the new year's party onboard Millie. My wife & I had the best time of our lives!. Pesonally, I could not live without the Ice Cream & desserts.. .I think I had six scoops per day... Also the shows onboard Millennium are amazing...!!!

We're on the Ancient Empires cruise on Galaxy on November 10. By the time we finally leave, we'll have been waiting 15 months! I found Cruise Critic a few months after booking and have been reading all the terrific hints and advise from everyone. While all that has helped with planning, it has only made me more antsy!! :p

Mary

Celebrity is definitely our favorite cruise line and we have cruised with many.

We love all of the above:

Especially the wonderful service from every crew member regardless of rank

The wonderful food

The wonderful ship

The well laid out cabins with lots of storage space + fridge

The great room service - yes pizza to your cabin in little boxes (my Grandsons think it is to die for and in their opinion X is the best - yes they have cruised other lines too)

Prompt room service that is always at your door within minutes

Blankets & hot chocolate out by the pool in cool climates.

Especially the silver carafe of drinking water and constantly full ice bucket!

Thank you X

We have only 3 months to go till our next cruise on the Infinity.

Okay, if I can stop doing the "I'm leaving in two weeks dance" and settle down to type:

I love the omelettes made-to-order at breakfast (yummers)

Aqua Spa Cafe

Cova Cafe

Normandie Restaurant

Dining Room

Okay, fine, all things food on Celebrity! :D

Our waiter, Hettman, in September/October 2005 was GREAT

The professional, yet friendly service can't be beat; LOVE that!!!

Persian Gardens rock

The phrase: "Here is your Seapass ma'am"...followed fairly shortly by "okay, now smile you two"...followed by "Champagne? Orange juice?" Oh yeah, we are OFFICIALLY on Celebrity and on our cruise; hot diggity cows!!!

-Glass of champagne

- The chilled towels upon reboarding on a hot day (tell me they still do this!)

Well they still did this in Jan/Feb MX ports...guess we might need hot ones in Alaska in Sept???

I LOVE reading the things here--so much better & nicer than complaining..in Jan we were on our FIRST X ship--WOW--they treat you so well no matter what cabins you are in...and the food is FANTASTIC..I am of the age where they DO ask to carry my tray for breakfast--but I usually do it myself--but so nice to offer.

From the checkin process I found NOTHING to complain about our son & DIL came with us for their FIRST cruise--too bad--this now sets the bar up pretty high for any other cruises they want to take--they will HAVE to stick with X.

Our first cruise ever is not til Oct 08 on the Connie. But this thread will be revisited a few times prior to that I suspect. I've never had escargot, martini, nor goat cheese anything....when I was a kid, I wanted the crusts off my dry bologna sandwiches every day. Never had a PBJ. But I think we will all be able to say..."Tempest Teri...you've come a long way baby" once Nov. 08 rolls around.;)

Ok, I've been reading all about the Sushi Bar, waffles, chocolate croissants, pea soup, hot chocoate, etc.... Is all of this on the Summit?

Well I have only been on 1 X--the Mercury which is a bit smaller than the Summit--but going on the Summit in Sept..I'm pretty sure ALL the X ships have pretty much the same foods---believe me they are ALL GREAT!!!

I assume the pea soup is on the Alaska or cool weather ports

Ok, I've been reading all about the Sushi Bar, waffles, chocolate croissants, pea soup, hot chocoate, etc.... Is all of this on the Summit?

Helenator: Yes ma'am, you bet your lucky boots it is!!! YUM!!!

I feel special on Celebrity cruises. Have never been on another cruise line because I am afraid I will not get the special treatment. Have been on 4 cruises with X and can not wait to go again.

The waffles are out of this world.

I might one of the only few people who really enjoy the art auctions.

The service is the great.

When I come off of an X cruise I feel like I have been on vacation.

I love:

-that I'm a schoolteacher, but they make me feel like I'm rich onboard. :-)

-the T-pool

-lox and capers for breakfast

-cheese plate at midnight from room service

-dressing up for dinner on formal nights

-sitting in the forward lounge reading books or playing cards (Navigator on Mercury)

I have been reading the long lists people have posted about what they love while on Celebrity. My list alas is very short, and only has seven things on it !!

1. Monday

2. Tuesday

3. Wednesday

4. Thursday

5 Friday

6. Saturday

7. Sunday.

On a two week cruise, the list starts all over again. :D

llbiopoet writes: "I might one of the only few people who really enjoy the art auctions."

Seeing folks get conned makes me angry. I don't get why anyone would enjoy it. What is there to enjoy?

llbiopoet writes: "I might one of the only few people who really enjoy the art auctions."

Seeing folks get conned makes me angry. I don't get why anyone would enjoy it. What is there to enjoy?

Simply put, Bob: One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

But back to what's really great about Celebrity, how about the shrimp cocktail available at dinner EVERY night!!

Archived