Hawaii

klee wyck

The cruise that has you staying over night in Honolulu offers an excursion to the Polynesian Culture Center - the main show is over around 10 - 10:30 and by the time you get back to the ship, it is too late to move onto another port - even though a lot of them are close together. But too many people will be too tired to get up early the next day for tours.

Kauai - you definitely want o see this port. We have been there a couple of times. And this time when we go back we are going to do the Grand Canyon of the Pacific tour.

We have taken both cruises and must recommend the overnight in Honolulu. As beautiful and breathtaking as Kauai is almost every stop we've ever made there (over 5x) was for half a day. This isn't enough time to do the really good excursions. If you overnight in Honolulu there are so many things you can do late at night and very early in the morning.

Whatever you decide to do I am positive that you will have a wonderful and exciting time.

Bon Voyage

Trisha

Are You Thinking About Cruising To Hawaii??

Are You Longing For The Warm Sun And The Beaches of

PARADISE?

hawaii204.jpg

If so YOU are Invited to JOIN ...

The HAL CC-Group Cruise to Hawaii

"The Voyage of the Spammed"

Aboard the ms Zaandam

Saturday October 7, 2006 - Sunday October 22, 2006

Round Trip out of San Diego, CA

For Information on how to book, go to:

HAL CC-Group Cruise to Hawaii Page

or: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=71

You are now returned to our regularly scheduled program.

I would take the one with the one day in Honolulu and day in Kauai.

Same here. I'd go for the one long day in Honolulu and make the Kauai stop.

I can't understand why HAL is sacrificing Kauai for the second day in Honolulu. Can't they cut out either Hilo or Kona instead? Kauai is one of the prettiest islands in the chain. It should be the last one eliminated in favor of an extended port in Honolulu.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Guest Celestia
Can't they cut out either Hilo or Kona instead? Kauai is one of the prettiest islands in the chain. It should be the last one eliminated in favor of an extended port in Honolulu.

With all due respect, I'll voice an exactly opposite vote.

Kauai, to my mind, is the least beautiful island and was a tremendous disappointment to us. We rarely feel we would have rather stayed on the ship, but we did after our visit to Kauai.

Unfriendly people in the towns and shops, and the so-called Grand Canyon was not worth the long coach ride to get there - not any more special than my backyard view.

OTOH, I'd have loved to stay longer in either Hilo or Kona. Friendly people, lovely islands - the *real* Hawaii.

JMO, of course.

Celestia

Frankly, ANY cruise to Hawaii is preferable to anything one can find in the Caribbean. :)

Yes, Kauai is lovely. And I know I'll be going back there some day, but on the CC Group cruise we've got an over night stay in Honolulu ... and I'm happy with this difference from what we've done before.

Kauai is worth it for the scenic cruising past the Na Pali coast alone.

You have one of those fortunate choices where you really can't go wrong. Perhaps you should decide what it is you want to do most? Are there so many things in Honolulu that you would give up Kauai?

Can you plan another cruise/visit there someday?

Whatever you decide, you will have a grand time.

Good luck in your planning.

Archived