Celebrity edge Spa

Papadog

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does a massage let you into the thermal suite or Persian gardens?

Can you request a male or female massage therapist?

No a massage on the Edge doesn't allow access to the Thermal suite. I don't believe Celebrity has male massage therapists; most cruiselines have done away with that, unlike land-based spas where there's almost always a male massage therapist on staff.

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

No a massage on the Edge doesn't allow access to the Thermal suite. I don't believe Celebrity has male massage therapists; most cruiselines have done away with that, unlike land-based spas where there's almost always a male massage therapist on staff.

Is there some particular reason companies want to get rid of male staff?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Is there some particular reason companies want to get rid of male staff?

I think male therapists are less in demand. Many straight men don't want a massage from a guy and the same can be said for many women. On the other hand both genders don't have the same concerns with a female massage therapist.

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I think male therapists are less in demand. Many straight men don't want a massage from a guy and the same can be said for many women. On the other hand both genders don't have the same concerns with a female massage therapist.

The spa advertises a deep tissue massage which i like.  Men do it better.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, arendezvous5 said:

Does anyone know if it’s cheaper to pre purchase the thermal wellness pass or buy it onboard.? I’m traveling on the edge in December and celebrity website sells for $199 for couples 7 day pass.

Buy it pre-cruise. That's very,very cheap. Normally it's more than that for 1 person!

• Like 1

Slightly off topic.. big miss in the Thermal suite area is LACK of a T pool..standard on most cruise lines in the spa.  Other than that we enjoyed it and agree  that the online price is excellent! Grab it!

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Slightly off topic.. big miss in the Thermal suite area is LACK of a T pool..standard on most cruise lines in the spa.  Other than that we enjoyed it and agree  that the online price is excellent! Grab it!

Agree entirely. The other miss is the lack of furniture of any kind on the forward facing outdoor deck. It's such a massive space but it's devoid of anything besides the polar bear sculpture. Not sure why there isn't anything on there, it would be a perfect spot for a hot tub.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

What is a "T" pool?  🤔

On 10/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, kwokpot said:

The Edge Thermal suite pass normal prices are:

$219/7 Day/1person pass

Or 

$399/7day/couple pass

I'm on Edge 10/23/21.  I originally booked the 7-day pass for the Thermal Suite at $219, but it later dropped to $119, so I was able to cancel and re-book.  

On 10/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, OctoberLace said:

I'm on Edge 10/23/21.  I originally booked the 7-day pass for the Thermal Suite at $219, but it later dropped to $119, so I was able to cancel and re-book.  

I had first seen it at $119 last week but now went back up to $219 for my sailing. When did yours drop?

On 10/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, OctoberLace said:

That’s great,  it’s listed at $219/adult or $399/couple for our cruise next week. Not sure it’s worth it at that amount.