Medallion app frustrating

claudia814

I am the wrong person to "help" but when I got the spinner, I hit the home button to close the app, then double clicked the home button and swiped UP to close the whole bunch of apps, (including Princess) that were open.

Then I went back to the app and opened it, and it opened ok and worked fine.  I hope that helps.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, claudia814 said:

All I keep getting is “Loading” spinning and spinning. I surely liked it the old way when everything was on Princess website. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  I either get an all white screen with nothing on it or the gray screen with the spinner.  I called somebody and she was very rude and said it's being worked on.  Yesterday I sent an email but haven't had a response.  Good luck!

• Like 1

It definitely has not been working for two days. I haven’t had one bit of trouble until yesterday. I have signed off my iPhone and closed the app. It’s still not working. I don’t need it, (just checking on boarding) so I’ll wait a couple of days. 
Denise

Edited by dchip

On 9/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, claudia814 said:

All I keep getting is “Loading” spinning and spinning. I surely liked it the old way when everything was on Princess website. 

You did not share what type of phone you are using.  Many people have reported differing symptoms based on whether they were using an iPhone, Android or even an iPad.

We were on the second Majestic sailing to Alaska back in August.  I use an Android.  I was constantly getting the "spinnong Loading" image until I contacted the support group by email. After a couple of days it magically started working.  Of course, that was about the time the dev group was *supposedly* pulling out all the stops to get everybody working prior to boarding.

Send an email with all details and EXACTLY what is taking place and what you clicked on to get the problem.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Send an email with all details and EXACTLY what is taking place and what you clicked on to get the problem.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

In addition to a polite description of yor issues they also want the following information:

Full Name on Reservation:

Booking Number:

Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app:

Operating System on Device:

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 3:05 PM, claudia814 said:

SO frustrating!!  My sister and I waisted 3 hours the other day uninstalling, installing again, and then finally waited an hour for someone at Princess to answer the phone.  They were able to fix this issue, but it even took the attendant 30 minutes to figure it out.   VERY poorly designed app, and you have to do EVERYTHING on it, you can't even check-in online any longer - just the phone for everything.  Ours is working now, but we are not happy campers!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kruvolo said:

SO frustrating!!  My sister and I waisted 3 hours the other day uninstalling, installing again, and then finally waited an hour for someone at Princess to answer the phone.  They were able to fix this issue, but it even took the attendant 30 minutes to figure it out.   VERY poorly designed app, and you have to do EVERYTHING on it, you can't even check-in online any longer - just the phone for everything.  Ours is working now, but we are not happy campers!

Hi, it would help if posters state device and operating system level in comments. Some people have more experience in separate arears. I don't think uninstalling helps, it is good if you can set automatic updates. It is good to close and reopen the app. I was also told login with Booking number sometimes works better than email / password. And good news, though not soon enough, Princess will have web capability to do these things.