Best Price Guarantee question

jelajen

About a month ago I saw our cruise for a lower price. We got an OBC for the difference. Today the price is even lower. We sail in November and the travel agent told me she thinks we can only get the best price guarantee once after final payment is made, but is calling RCL to find out. 

Has anyone had any experience with this and know whether or not this is true?

thank you 

There are 2 best price guarantee programs.  The regular one is for within 48 hours of booking.  The other, part of Cruise With Confidence applies after final and you'll get OBC.

If you haven't made final, then price can be adjusted as long as it's NOT for new bookings only.  I just refared one on my own this AM.

If it's AFTER final, then your TA can do it through the agent site.   Sometimes it will give an error, if you've used FCCs and Royal had to plug the price.  Then they can fix it. But I did my own price drop twice on line. 😉  

If your TA calls and it told no, they need to call back.  I've gotten OBC on 4 reservations at LEAST twice in the past 4 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, alexand278 said:

Lovrccl,

Where did you find the Best Price form.  Our travel agent is less that great and  I would rather do it for myself.

Thanks,

Alexandra

There is no form  If you see a price drop your TA has to get it for you.  They can do it online somehow

Edited by molly361

I just cancelled our cruise for several reasons, one of which they refused to give me the Best Price Guarantee more than 1 time.  The 1 time was after final payment and was given OBC.  It does not say that in there terms and conditions about the price dropping of only one time.  I called three times since Saturday about this with 3 different people with the first claiming of writing an email to the supervisor and for me to wait three days.  I did and the person today said that was only notes and no email was sent.  So.....between that issue and the cabin change today with a bad location cabin that they refuse to change, and having to get a PCR Covid test for my grand daughter at our expense within 3 days of cruise, I cancelled.  I am looking at Disney now and that would be a first for us.

I hope Royal starts treating their customers with a better attitude because this has put a sour taste in my mouth.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:12 PM, jelajen said:

About a month ago I saw our cruise for a lower price. We got an OBC for the difference. Today the price is even lower. We sail in November and the travel agent told me she thinks we can only get the best price guarantee once after final payment is made, but is calling RCL to find out. 

Has anyone had any experience with this and know whether or not this is true?

thank you 

Not true, I got it twice on our Allure.  They look at the original amount - less the new amount - and adjust your OBC for it.  Super easy.

We sail in early January, and I've called twice to have our fare repriced due to price drops.  We have not made final payment yet, so there is no OBC involved, just a new invoice with the lower price was emailed to us after each call.  We booked online with RCI and did not go through a travel agent this time so the calls were made to Royal.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich
grammar

59 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, you should have gotten the whole $150, if the price drop was really $150. 

Is it possible the cruise date is now within 6 months of sailing and the CAS balcony discount drops by $25+? And/or a small discount that was previously applied (i.e. Resident rate) may not be offered now?

A few times when I've calculated a price drop then called me TA, I actually received an even lower rate; a few times it was several dollars higher due to what I've mentioned.

But it's still good saving $ on a price drop!

Edited by long4acruise

8 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Is it possible the cruise date is now within 6 months of sailing and the CAS balcony discount drops by $25+? And/or a small discount that was previously applied (i.e. Resident rate) may not be offered now?

What ever the drop is, you should get all of it, regardless of how the drop is calculated. 

38 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What ever the drop is, you should get all of it, regardless of how the drop is calculated. 

I understand what you're saying. I was only pointing out that when I personally calculate a possible price drop inputting all my benefits (Pinnacle balcony discount, resident and age), sometimes it's even lower when I call RC or my TA for the price drop; a few times it's been a few dollars higher and I probably didn't bother to investigate the total $25-$30 difference. Perhaps I will henceforth but most of the time it has been in my favor.

Appreciate all your informative posts!