The Daily for Monday September 13, 2021

richwmn

4 hours ago, garlictown said:

I found some photos from Devil's Island (French Guiana) ...not a port I'd want to return to!😮🤪

Katie 

20210913_101729.jpg

The mother of all humidity 😉 Worked the tender dock there for two hours in the morning and afterwards had to return to the ship to take a shower and change uniform

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Hello All, from Juneau.  Just arriving.  I just have my cell phone to post, so will be quick here, but it’s divine being at sea again and DH and I had the pleasure of sailing away from Seattle with @dfishand her sister Sue, on their plush corner aft balcony.  😊

DH was kind enough to take a photo.

Loving this cruise.

DD37B1AE-81E6-4995-8451-9ADBA633C599.jpeg

Great picture!!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Hello All, from Juneau.  Just arriving.  I just have my cell phone to post, so will be quick here, but it’s divine being at sea again and DH and I had the pleasure of sailing away from Seattle with @dfishand her sister Sue, on their plush corner aft balcony.  😊

DH was kind enough to take a photo.

Loving this cruise.

DD37B1AE-81E6-4995-8451-9ADBA633C599.jpeg

Great picture!!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 4

Good afternoon.  Well, we didn't get any rain, so I'm not holding out hope for some tomorrow.

@AncientWanderer  Great picture of you, @dfish Debbie, and Sue.  Have a wonderful time in Alaska and on the NA.

I've enjoyed all the pictures of Devil's Island.  It's nice seeing through different people's eyes.  We've enjoyed our visits there, and yes, it is hot and humid. 

Lenda

• Like 14

Thanks for all the daily news.

Have not been to the port , so appreciate seeing the photos. The crustless quiche reminds me of a recipe for "Impossible Quiche", which I have not made for a while..... .ingredients are shaken together then poured into a Quiche dish and cooked.

We went to the neighbourhood supermarket this morning, as we arrived home  a heavy shower of hail.  There was enough hail to give a white ground cover.  Have since had some feeble sun,  then  rain.

Temperature 7 C.

The cases of Delta continue in Auckland.  None in the rest of the country.  The PM is  encouraging everyone to get vaccinated.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12

Jack is always my first choice for alcohol! Devil's Island is my favorite cruise stop, it was a late stop on our last cruise, December, 2019.  I am not sure why, but  I knew right away that it would be the best place. 

Thanks to all for the pictures & the daily news.  I have a fine few days with my dear Mother, we took some nice drives, had a few easy restaurant meals, visited an antique mall with plenty of things for sale, we just bought books.  We were able to go to Church, masks and sitting apart, (they did serve coffee!) spent some time with a niece and 2 sisters and I found 2 tropical shirts for our Zuiderdam trip in February. 

IMG_0957.jpeg

• Like 13