signature suite question

chpal

Can someone confirm whether or not the Zuiderdam has been recently refurbished (recognizing the Covid hiatus)?  Also, will the signature suites on Zuiderdam be exactly the same as those on the Eurodam, given that they are the same class of ship.

Thanks!

The Vista class SS are not smaller by my casual observation!  I haven't measured though.  I haven't had a Signature Suite on Zuiderdam, but have on Oosterdam and Noordam (sister ships to Zuiderdam) and have on the Nieuw Amsterdam (sister to Eurodam).  They all seemed/felt the same size to me. (All were standard deck 6 Signature Suites, not aft or other one off configurations.)  If anyone can list any significant differences between the Vista and Signature class ships, I would be curious to know myself.  Truly, they are both great!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

The Vista class SS are not smaller by my casual observation!  I haven't measured though.  I haven't had a Signature Suite on Zuiderdam, but have on Oosterdam and Noordam (sister ships to Zuiderdam) and have on the Nieuw Amsterdam (sister to Eurodam).  They all seemed/felt the same size to me. (All were standard deck 6 Signature Suites, not aft or other one off configurations.)  If anyone can list any significant differences between the Vista and Signature class ships, I would be curious to know myself.  Truly, they are both great!

~Nancy

The Vista-class and Signature-class are essentially the same below deck 9. Superstructures above that deck are where they differ and fantails. They share the same length and beam along with propulsion systems. Interior stateroom allocations do differ for some decks between the classes but were fabricated as modules so dimensionally are the same. 

There is an exterior spotting difference being the cheat paint line flowing down to the Promenade Deck on Eurodam and Nieuw Statendam. This style paint line has also been applied to the Pinnacle-class ships. To finish the thought, the Vista-class continues the blue paint on the bow.

A little known fact is that a fifth Vista-class ship was ordered by HAL but was instead allocated to Cunard. But Cunard was able to convince CCL that a new build with strengthened bow and other changes for World Cruises that they primarily offer was needed and became the Queen Victoria. So then the fifth ship was built and completed as the P&O Arcadia.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chpal said:

Can someone confirm whether or not the Zuiderdam has been recently refurbished (recognizing the Covid hiatus)?  Also, will the signature suites on Zuiderdam be exactly the same as those on the Eurodam, given that they are the same class of ship.

Thanks!

I cannot comment on the SIZE of the cabins, but you should be aware that the Eurodam has only 50 Signature Suites vs 100 on the Zuiderdam.  Both ships have 60 Neptune suites.  

Almost everytime I book a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam (or her 3 sister ships) I get (and usually accept) a good upsell offer to a Neptune Suite.

15 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

The four Vista-class have SY Signature Suites on Deck 8 versus Signature-class VA Verandah staterooms on Deck 8.

Deck 8 is directly under the Lido deck and not a desirable location with noise from above, we always book them on Deck 6. We have one next August on Oosterdam for 14 nights in Greece. 

• Like 1