Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

15 minutes ago, Funkytown83 said:

I have just been on the phone with ClubRoyale! Everyone from canceled Allure cruises will be transferred on Oct 13 to new bookings on Wonder of the Seas! Including the TAs! 🤗

Did you ask why it would take a month to transfer people from allure to wonder?

• Like 1

FYI, no star Class suites will show up as available if only two guests are entered.  They will only show up in Royal’s system when looking for three or more passengers.  They then have to book for three then call a different department to remove the third person requirement.  This is what I found out when booking with Royal over the phone.  The agent was unaware of it and only found out when contacting their supervisor since all sailings were showing no Star Class suites.  Once she entered three passengers, they all showed up as available.

Booked the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite on 04-15-2022.

Edited by TheBucketLister

Just called Royal... My family was suppose to be on the European Cruise out of Rome, June 16, 2022-- Allure of the Seas (my Harmony of the Seas cruise was cancelled for July 2021). Was told that I should be receiving my new booking with Wonder of the Seas and stateroom assignment within the next two weeks with price protection. WOW, was not expecting this at all. I was kind of bummed going from Harmony of the Seas to Allure of the Seas, but now on the Wonder of the Seas. Excited!!!

• Like 2

FINALLY SOME GOOD LUCK.

Booked the Amped Allure - Cancelled

Moved to Harmony 2021 - Cancelled

Moved to Beat up old Allure 2022 with no Amp - Cancelled

Upgraded to Wonder for 2020 Pricing!

About time something good happens. Now all we need is no stupid masks and normalcy returning to travel. Best news is its 2 weeks b2b!

Edited by Pandamonia
  • Like 6

We just got emails from Royal regarding our TA booking on Allure and confirming we will be moved the Wonder sailing laving 4 days earlier.  I am not thrilled to need an extra week of vacation days now that we leave midweek, but getting the nice new ship at the old price is great...and I feel better having the email confirmation it will be switched.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

FINALLY SOME GOOD LUCK.

About time something good happens. Now all we need is no stupid masks and normalcy returning to travel. Best news is its 2 weeks b2b!

I think this is a first …… you’re happy about something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

FINALLY SOME GOOD LUCK.

This is EXACTLY what happened with us, too! I was happy with Harmony and then bummed about the unamplified Allure. I’m ecstatic about Wonder! Just got my email—same date!

wow nice to hear another new ship coming to USA  -  As it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the European cruises next week.

One day an Oasis class will show up on the west coast.  Those folks are BEGGING and would pay top dollar too.

I have so much planned for next year now I have to decide how to squeeze in WONDER before she goes to Europe and then thru the Suez to Hong Kong.   

1 minute ago, CalTexCruiser said:

There are 3 more Star Class cabins on the Allure than on Wonder, I believe.

I wonder (no pun intended) how Royal will decide which 3 gets the royal shaft (pun intended).

Should be last ones to book, no matter their C&A status.

• Haha 1

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

its got plenty of time to sink between now and then..

Thought it was too good to be true when I read your earlier posts….  Keep taking the happy pills…. Ps round uk cruising on anthem was excellent by the way… and so cheap too when RC started discounting with the best price guarantees! We ended up with buy one at full price get one free!

You make me smile - we need to introduce you to Jimbo! It will be a riot of positivity and creativity! 😂👍

Hey we are all different that’s what makes it fun…. 

Edited by BigRoger

46 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow nice to hear another new ship coming to USA  -  As it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the European cruises next week.

One day an Oasis class will show up on the west coast.  Those folks are BEGGING and would pay top dollar too.

I have so much planned for next year now I have to decide how to squeeze in WONDER before she goes to Europe and then thru the Suez to Hong Kong.   

Not going east.  Coming back to Port Canaveral in October.

Got this for the Allure westbound TA 2022. We are booked in a CLS but the cabins on Decks 17 and 18 of Wonder are arranged differently and there are only eight CLS cabins on Wonder, so it's not clear where they will reassign us. We will make a decision once they let us know.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’ve been diligently working to prepare for our Royal Comeback. It’s taken months of planning and coordinating to get up and running - from activating new homeports and communicating with local governments and authorities, to ensuring our new protocols maintain your wellbeing with our Healthy Sail Panel.

As we continue to review and analyze our itinerary plans, we’ve decided to reposition some of our ships to offer our guests the very best experiences for our return to cruising. Our original plan for Allure of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Barcelona, Spain and Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy beginning April 2022. However, Wonder of the Seas - our newest and latest flagship - will now take its place. Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled.

The good news is, Wonder of the Seas will offer similar itineraries! Starting September 22nd, we’ll automatically move you to a Wonder of the Seas sailing departing the same day as your original Allure of the Seas sailing to help make the transition easier. This way, you’ll still have the opportunity to enjoy a transatlantic sailing like you were looking forward to!

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation and apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard, your vacation is important to us - along with providing you the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the new Wonder of the Seas transatlantic cruise departing on October 30th, 2022

• We’ll automatically move you to the Wonder of the Seas sailing departing same day as your original cruise.
  • Wonder will depart from the same destination, and we will now end our transatlantic sailing in Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida instead of Galveston, Texas.
  • We’ll do our best to move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • Lastly, as we return to service, our sailing protocols will continue to evolve. To stay informed and up-to-date, please visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health.

Option 2: Select a 100% Refund

• If you no longer wish to sail, we’ll be sad to see you go. We’ll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request. 
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Lastly, if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate. 

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by October 13th, 2021, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by October 20th, 2021. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by October 20th, 2021, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Wonder of the Seas sailing. Should you decide to cancel after our moves are complete, you will continue to be covered by our Cruise with Confidence policy.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 800 754 500 in Australia 
  • 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005

Thank you for your understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

Thought it was too good to be true when I read your earlier posts….  Keep taking the happy pills…. Ps round uk cruising on anthem was excellent by the way… and so cheap too when RC started discounting with the best price guarantees! We ended up with buy one at full price get one free!

You make me smile - we need to introduce you to Jimbo! It will be a riot of positivity and creativity! 😂👍

Hey we are all different that’s what makes it fun…. 

With the exception of only 1 flowrider the ship looks amazing. 

I did hear a women on the radio describe the mask situation onboard and she said she would never sail again until they stop it. She said the rules are dumb, dont make any sense and totally spoilt the cruise and the staff acted like the gestapo. I went to Madrid last week and their mask rules are equally stupid and ruthlessly enforced but at least 90% of the time you can fiddle it so you never wear one. Ended up only wearing on the way to and from the toilet. A Public toilet is the only place im grateful i have an N95 mask though. 

I would have sailed on Anthem if not for the masks and poor UK summer we have had.