Replacement for Grand Cayman?

flutprop

Our Christmas cruise still has Grand Cayman as a port of call, which is unlikely to open to cruise travel by then. What ports are close enough to substitute,  or would we more likely get an extra sea day?

We are scheduled for Jamaica the day before and Cozumel after.

9 hours ago, chrysalis said:

could be Costa Maya, Belize, or Roatan, or a sea day.

Still still show Grand Cayman as a stop on our upcoming cruise on the Sky

I'm curious about this as well. We will be on the Sky Jan 15 cruise and Grand Cayman is on our itinerary. We are also stopping at Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan so I'm kind of hoping for Belize since it's right there. A sea day wouldn't be a deal breaker either

7 hours ago, abqmommyof4 said:

could  also be  grand turks,   our panama canal cruise  has added grand turks instead of  grand cayman.  The itinerary has  shifted  slightly as  well if I

1 hour ago, Marelaine said:

Princess substituted Grand Turk for Grand Cayman in November. They rearranged the itinerary so Jamaica is last.

Princess also substituted Grand Turk for the 9-Dec voyage flipping our port order as well so that seems to be the trend 

Our December 19 cruise on Emerald (originally Crown) was scheduled to call at Grand Cayman. That changed to Grand Turk.  And yes, the order seems to have been reversed so that it came first rather than last. We liked that change. The map in the itinerary still shows Grand Turk, at least it did yesterday, but it was no longer on the list of ports in the itinerary.  It looks like they are changing it again, this time to Nassau.  Yuck. I really hope it isn’t the case.  I know that Grand Cayman will be closed, but Nassau is hardly a comparable substitute.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, landlocked12 said:

Our December 19 cruise on Emerald (originally Crown) was scheduled to call at Grand Cayman. That changed to Grand Turk.  And yes, the order seems to have been reversed so that it came first rather than last. We liked that change. The map in the itinerary still shows Grand Turk, at least it did yesterday, but it was no longer on the list of ports in the itinerary.  It looks like they are changing it again, this time to Nassau.  Yuck. I really hope it isn’t the case.  I know that Grand Cayman will be closed, but Nassau is hardly a comparable substitute.  

Nassau? I agree with yuck. 

• Like 1