Mariner points for Have It All

travelholics

21 minutes ago, Roz said:

If it's included in the cruise fare, why would you get Mariner points?

HAL's fuzzy math.

A few years ago when we had Explore4, I was stunned to see we had earned the maximum 30 points for a 10-night cruise...10 for the cruise, 10 for the suite bonus and 10 for on-board spending.  That would have meant we spent $3000 on board, and there isn't a single cruise EVER where I've spent that much.  Even our alcohol purchases have never even tipped over $750 for a full cruise.  I couldn't figure out how in the world we earned those points when all my drinks were free...

A review of my statement, though, showed that the drink package was actually charged to our account and then credited off under the promotion...but somehow it all counted as part of our spend.  Add in the cost of the other perks, plus what we DID actually spend on board, and I guess we came up to that maximum.

Not sure if they ever changed that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, travelholics said:

Has anyone who cruised to Europe or Alaska this year worked out how many mariners points HAL is crediting guests per day for the Have It All package?

Zero. Extra Mariner days are based solely on your total spend above your cruise fare. No different from any other cruise with extra goodies they added, your fare is still just your fare.

31 minutes ago, Roz said:

If it's included in the cruise fare, why would you get Mariner points?

Because you have the Signature Beverage Package.  While it’s included you are paying for it.

When I had what was then Explore4, like msmayor we were credited with the spend of the drink package, etc so as a result between that and my other on board spends, we received full credit for each day of that segment of the cruise where we had the Explore4.

Hopefully someone who has returned this year and has seen their Mariner tally sees this thread and replies with their recent experience to confirm it is being done the same way.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

Our final bill for 7 day Alaska cruise was $107 and we got 7 points for spending. We did have HIA.

Thanks for confirming.  Things are the same as B.C. (Before Covid) then.

1 hour ago, Nodakboiler said:

Our final bill for 7 day Alaska cruise was $107 and we got 7 points for spending. We did have HIA.

Were your drinks etc itemised on your final onboard bill?

During previous promotions we too have found drinks and HSC/Crew incentive posted to our folio and then credited out because of the promo.  It did seem that if it is charged to your folio then you get credit for it.  I think that all drinks will still be charged otherwise the system would not pick up the drinks over $11.

4 hours ago, Nodakboiler said:

Thank you so much for your response. We are nearing our 4 star point, so this will be very valuable to us. We expected some credit in points, as HIA is not a free 'bonus', but we were not sure how its value would be translated into points.