S1 Sky Suite “butler” suite services on Silhouette

There is conflicting information on this board, so I was wondering if any seasoned S1 suite travellers, particularly on Silhouette, can let me know whether the butler / retreat host, will bring glasses of alcohol included in the Premium Package to guests for consumption in their suites. We like nothing nicer than a glass of wine whilst we are dressing for dinner. 

33 minutes ago, 8611202 said:

There is conflicting information on this board, so I was wondering if any seasoned S1 suite travellers, particularly on Silhouette, can let me know whether the butler / retreat host, will bring glasses of alcohol included in the Premium Package to guests for consumption in their suites. We like nothing nicer than a glass of wine whilst we are dressing for dinner. 

Very po$$ible

• Haha 1

The beverage packages do not cover drinks delivered to your Suite.

That being said our Butler when we were in a RS offered, but we declined.

Generally each Butler has 12 suites assigned to them, sometimes on different floors so they can be very busy.  

The answer is technically no.  As premium drinks does not cover room service.  But depending on your butler they may do.  Alternatively, you can use the welcome bottle you are given, or bring 2 bottles of wine onboard with you, or grab a glass on your way back to the room when you go to get ready. 

My experience is spirits, no.  Wine - limited bottles.

Wine, they have limited supply of the standard stuff in their pantries they can pretty much give out as needed and probably drop a bottle of wine for you from that with no problem.  The "pre board" bottles that are in cabin on arrival options.

You could also buy a bottle from any restaurant and take back to the cabin to use over a few days.  

And they now seem to be referred to as "retreat Hosts" not butlers.  Just spent 4 weeks on Edge in a sky suite.

Edited by cle-guy

1 hour ago, cle-guy said:

My experience is spirits, no.  Wine - limited bottles.

Wine, they have limited supply of the standard stuff in their pantries they can pretty much give out as needed and probably drop a bottle of wine for you from that with no problem.  The "pre board" bottles that are in cabin on arrival options.

You could also buy a bottle from any restaurant and take back to the cabin to use over a few days.  

And they now seem to be referred to as "retreat Hosts" not butlers.  Just spent 4 weeks on Edge in a sky suite.

Glad to see you back posting.

My daily routine was to go to the closest bar, order a glass of wine for myself and my wife (take both sea pass cards just in case) and take back to the room.  I normally finished dressing for dinner way in advance of my wife so I did this after I was ready. 

We have the "Drinks and More" package so the small bottles of wine in the mini-fridge are included but sometimes we just want something of a better quality.    Some times we wanted something other than wine too.  

All that being said, we normally have a discussion with our retreat host the first day of the cruise and work out things like any special request that we have and ask about things we are considering taking advantage of, e.g. coffee+Bailey's in the mornings, afternoon snacks, in-room dining options on port days, etc.  

As stated, butlers aren't required to do it, but many are willing to do it.  That said, it's typically quicker and easier to pick up a couple glasses of wine on the way to your room when you go to get ready (although we all know how nice it is to have it brought).  Of course, if you might get to have it waiting on you.

• Like 1