Question on Seating Chart

Ashland

Looking at seating chart for my flights with DL and it shows several seats (including a few DL One and the entire back of the plane) noted as "unavailable" but my booked seat shows "occupied".

I've never seen this before...thoughts?

12 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The can be a number of reasons. First, blocked for crew rest/crew deadheading, when it is just a couple of seats. The large number can be a tour group. 

There are 3 "unavailable" seats in DL One didn't think they would give them these both on my outbound from LAX-AMS and on my return...just seems strange....Looked at a couple other days/flights and showing the same 3 seats in DL One "unavailable"....but thanks for your thoughts.

LAX-AMS July 22, 2022 via SEA 1:15pm outbound and Aug 3, 2022 AMS-LAX return via SEA 2;30pm...weird.

Edited by Ashland

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

There are 3 "unavailable" seats in DL One didn't think they would give them these both on my outbound from LAX-AMS and on my return...just seems strange....Looked at a couple other days/flights and showing the same 3 seats in DL One "unavailable"....but thanks for your thoughts.

LAX-AMS July 22, 2022 via SEA 1:15pm outbound and Aug 3, 2022 AMS-LAX return via SEA 2;30pm...weird.

The fact you are seeing them on other international flights shows they definitely could be crew rest seats. Pilots can only fly 7 hours...so how do you do an 8 or 10 hour flight? With spare crew, usually one additional pilot for up to 10 hours, 2 extra pilots if over 10 hours. Flight attendants also get rest. Some planes have separate rest cabins away from pax.

Delta might also have a policy for high level elites always having seats available to them for booking or upgrades, at least up to some time frame prior to departure,  when those seats are offered up for sale or assignments, if not committed.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 3:31 PM, Ashland said:

but my booked seat shows "occupied".

Maybe I am not understanding, but, if your "booked seat" now shows "occupied", maybe it is because it is occupied by you?  

When I have made Delta reservations, I book whatever seat that is available that I prefer.  After I have completed the booking and return to the seating chart, my desired seat then shows that it is "occupied".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Maybe I am not understanding, but, if your "booked seat" now shows "occupied", maybe it is because it is occupied by you?  

When I have made Delta reservations, I book whatever seat that is available that I prefer.  After I have completed the booking and return to the seating chart, my desired seat then shows that it is "occupied".  

Sorry...you don't understand. My booked seats are showing occupied just like they normally do.

What I was asking about was certain seats showing "not available". Thinking those are blocked off for possibly the reason given above by CruiserBruce....which now makes sense.

• Thanks 1