Give HA good feedback on Survey at end of cruise

12cruise2

At the very end of the cruise on the NA on Sat. 9/18, I saw the young man who was the Food and Beverage Director (I believe director, tall reddish hair from the Netherlands).  He walked by us dressed in street clothes and was kicking up his heels because he was headed back to the Netherlands after the end of his contract.  So, I stopped him and we spoke for about 15 minutes.  I told him several folks on CC were casting shade on the Pinnacle, its current manager, and just being disappointed in the PG.  He was very friendly, and said, well I wish they would put these comments on their end-of-cruise survey.  He said there were complaints about a glitch in the reservation system where somehow 340 people were booked for only 120 res. really available, that kind of thing; he said he hadn't read complaints about the other things.  He immediately called others to report what he'd heard and said he'd look into this as his last task before leaving the ship.  I'm just passing on his comments.  We'd talked briefly during the cruises before this.  Now, don't get after me; I'm telling you what he asked us all to do and what he said to me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Totally agree. Be frank and honest on your surveys.

And give credit where credit is due. 

And use the feedback on the Navigator.

100% honesty on the surveys! We always make a point to write down the names of everyone who has had a positive impact and to list their names on the survey with a comment about what they did to go above and beyond.  

I noticed the feedback section on the navigator app but totally forgot to use it. Will have to remember that on my November Koningsdam cruise. 

• Like 5

I used the Navigator feedback several times on my last cruise  to praise and some concerns. I received phone calls acknowledging my praises but better yet the individuals I praised came up and thanked me.

I also received feedback on issues of concern.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I would have loved to complete the survey but HAL didn't send me one for my recent Alaska cruise, first time ever I was missed. Maybe because I did not download the Navigator app?

I did not download the App, but received the email survey after we returned from NA last month... 

Thank you for that info. I had not realized that you could do that in the app. we had used the chat feature a couple of times this last week in Alaska. I had to dig all my notes out where I had written names and info down after the cruise for that survey. I will make sure I do that on our Feb 2022 Koningsdam cruise.

My "complaint" about e-mail surveys have been that by the time I get home and am able to respond to them, the time for the survey has expired.  When I have received snail mail surveys and am able to record my reactions on an on-line survey, I most certainly do.  When I have something specific to say about a cruise experience and have no electronic means to do so, I have written snail mail letters.  (That has been effective at times.)  Otherwise, if I feel strongly about something, I will voice my concern on this Message Board.  There are frequent posters that can testify that this is a true statement.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My "complaint" about e-mail surveys have been that by the time I get home and am able to respond to them, the time for the survey has expired.  When I have received snail mail surveys and am able to record my reactions on an on-line survey, I most certainly do.  When I have something specific to say about a cruise experience and have no electronic means to do so, I have written snail mail letters.  (That has been effective at times.)  Otherwise, if I feel strongly about something, I will voice my concern on this Message Board.  There are frequent posters that can testify that this is a true statement.  

I’ve had the same experience as I am often on Collectors’ Cruises.  In the old days I was working on minutes on internet on board so wasn’t going to squander them on the survey.  I foolishly figured I could do it at the hotel when we got off.  Nope.  Expired.  So stupid on HAL’ s part.  

I hope it is available on the Navigator app so I can give feedback next year and we will have unlimited internet IF it works so I will definitely try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1