Tauck or Viking?

swamom

I would never plan daily outfits, but if you do, I can see that it makes sense to pack them that way. For me, I make sure that all my tops go with all my bottoms (print tops/solid bottoms) so that I can mix and match. For me, it works better to pack by item.

Whatever you choose, it will be much better than not having the cubes at all.

Hi Dodgerdoug,

Sounds like you had a great time on your trip, welcome back!  I can't wait for ours next summer.  

When I pack for a trip w/ multiple hotel stays I use a mix of cubes & large ziploc bags. I like ziploc bags in case the TSA has to go thru a bag they can see what's there & aren't touching my actual clothes. I'm an over packer so we have a carryon each & a suitcase each but I cross pack every bag-half mine, half my husbands things in each in case a bag gets lost along the way.  The first 4 days for each of us are in the 2 carry-ons, The rest are divided between the two suitcases.  As the trip goes on I move the clean clothes to the carry-ons so by the last hotel I have nothing but dirty laundry in the suitcases & we're just using the two carry-ons for everything.  

Hi need2travel1,

You have a well thought game plan that combined with everyone else's input should make for a less hectic trip. I especially like the idea of leaving all the dirty clothes for customs. I hope you have a grand time next summer. Perhaps we'll bump into each other on one of the many trips looming in our future.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been discussed upthread, but Viking now has new ships that are reduced length so that they can return to docking downtown in Paris on the Seine.  Their older ships were too long after the Parisian authorities reduced the maximum length, and Viking responded with these new ships. 

Hope this helps, and both are excellent tour companies.