Different muster stations for cabins directly across the hall

rlindholm

I just printed out our boarding passes for our 10/2 sailing.  We have a balcony and our 15 year old son is directly across the hall from us.  He has a different muster station.  No big deal (unless there is an emergency and we have to use the muster stations) but I guess we just go to ours and then go to his?  It just made me go "hmmmm".

53 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I just printed out our boarding passes for our 10/2 sailing.  We have a balcony and our 15 year old son is directly across the hall from us.  He has a different muster station.  No big deal (unless there is an emergency and we have to use the muster stations) but I guess we just go to ours and then go to his?  It just made me go "hmmmm".

Generally speaking, Carnival sticks to a policy of not separating families when this happens. If it is a concern for you, I'd ask at your muster station if they can swap one of you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tm_aw_love said:

Generally speaking, Carnival sticks to a policy of not separating families when this happens. If it is a concern for you, I'd ask at your muster station if they can swap one of you. 

Going to have to do this on the Pride next weekend.  My parents have the aft balcony next to us yet are a different muster station. 

• Like 1

Yep, they can swap them in this situation.  My recollection is that EVERYONE involved must go to guest services and request.  Don't quote me on that as I'm recalling something from years ago regarding this very issue.

2 hours ago, rlindholm said:

Muster stations are assigned to staterooms, not reassigned each cruise depending on relationships of occupants.  You should go to Guest Services and have one of you reassigned.  

42 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Muster stations are assigned to staterooms, not reassigned each cruise depending on relationships of occupants.  You should go to Guest Services and have one of you reassigned.  

It makes sense that the muster stations are assigned by the stateroom, but that begs the question as to why staterooms across the hall or adjacent to one another would have a different muster station.

2 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

If a muster station has its full rota of passengers for your cruise, no one can be switched into it.

With the ships sailing at well under full capacity, it really seems that a muster station would not be filled to its capacity.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

It makes sense that the muster stations are assigned by the stateroom, but that begs the question as to why staterooms across the hall or adjacent to one another would have a different muster station.

I would just guess that those staterooms are right at a 'boarder' of where they change from one to the next. 

28 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

18 minutes ago, tm_aw_love said:

I would just guess that those staterooms are right at a 'boarder' of where they change from one to the next. 

The balcony cabins get a lifeboat with a toilet and balcony, but the inside cabins get a lifeboat with a bucket.  😁 🏴‍☠️

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

If a muster station has its full rota of passengers for your cruise, no one can be switched into it.

That is correct, but only if they are maxed out. One's muster CAN be moved under the right circumstances.

45 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

The balcony cabins get a lifeboat with a toilet and balcony, but the inside cabins get a lifeboat with a bucket.  😁 🏴‍☠️

Well, sucks for my son.  Hope he can hold it.  You are on your own kid.

• Haha 3