Princess have cancelled most of the remaining 21/22 season cruises.

OzKiwiJJ

All the Royal Princess and Sapphire Princess cruises have been cancelled.

For Coral Princess they have only cancelled the itineraries up to and including the17th January itinerary. Cruises from 27th January are still open. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Someone posted it on a Princess FB forum so I went to the Princess website and checked out the cancellations list. Sure enough ...

I haven't had an email yet. No doubt it will arrive eventually.

They are offering a choice of moveovers, full refunds, or FCCs. We'll just take the FCC option as usual. We already have a Cunard cruise booked for Xmas/NY 2022, plus the replacement cruise was on Majestic which I dislike even more than Royal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

i had just booked a P &O Christmas cruise at the weekend and they have just cancelled them

eileen

Oh dear. At least I got to dream about my Xmas cruise for a whole seven weeks before it was cancelled. At the beginning of August there were some indications that cruising might restart but obviously the governments aren't going to let it happen after all, or are refusing to commit to anything.

• Like 2

I had a Princess planner on the phone before I even received the emails about my cancelled cruises.  He was very good trying to sort out my options.  However one was to move to a cruise that I had already been moved to in the last group of cancellations and the other they couldn't guarantee the same type of cabin because the Grand is different to the Sapphire in numbers of aft facing cabins.  

I have cruises booked with credits and FCDs from other cancelled cruises which came from previous cancelled cruises plus cash deposits and I am starting to lose track of what is what.  It is all too hard for my little brain.

I still have to sort out the cancelled New Year P&O family cruise.  Six cabins of which some had fccs applied to them previously so don't get a bonus moveover offer and some haven't so various scenarios there also.

I need a clear head to sort this out.  And some strong coffee!

At least I know that I don't have to worry about looming final payment dates for another year as there will be no ships in Melbourne till late 2022 - if then.

Oh dear,

earthquakes, idiots roaming melbourne, lockdowns….what more.  No cruises

well just had dinner with a bottle of wine…

the  Grand final..,just make the best of it all…

Carlton to get a new coach..,we live in hope…a long time since 1995.

I guess as baby boomers we have had the best of everything.

good luck to all

eileen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

Just got the emails so now decide what to do - probably. just roll into FCCs

That's what I've been doing. After all, the FCCs started as FCDs so we'd already committed those funds to Princess for future cruises. It's just that the future cruises are taking longer to happen.

If our government opens the international border and allows overseas travel before it allows cruise ships back in we might look at doing a Round Japan cruise next year.

• Like 1

Hi

we had a Japanese cruise booked for 2020 with Celebrity, cancelled so we booked for 2022, cancelled.   In case we booked for 2023, with only $25 each deposit.   Norwegian still has cruise on the go for April 2022 so we have booked,.

if we get there in 2022 we may still go there in 2023”

we have a marvellous woman in the US who is organising shore excursions.   She has organised 2020, then 2022 and then 2023.

we will keep trying.

eileen

13 hours ago, Emoliash said:

Yes received cancellation for Xmas cruise so disappointed as I love the Sapphire it’s such a great ship.

It is, did two b2b cruises on her from Southampton in 2018, Baltics/Scandinavia.  Better than the newer 'Royal Class.' Too many pax, tiny balconies and no prom deck.