Past guest offer. How to ensure two extra points are applied to my reservation?

lixogab

11 minutes ago, lixogab said:

Just found one interesting thing.

NCL doesn't mention that on the insider web page not on the email, but the offer terms and conditions https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer/terms?hide_hf=true

say that the offer is:

"Not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories)."

I planned to book a BX, because I don't really care what exact room I get as soon as it's a balcony.

Now I have to think what to do.

And the double point offer ends tomorrow...

Very easy. Book what you want online now, put it/them on a courtesy hold.  You will get an invoice with the promo codes.

If the new insider promo changes after tomorrow, pay a deposit on what you put on hold.  If it doesn't change, you have more time to decide.  If you decide to book and have a TA or PCC, give them a call to make the deposit so they get the credit for the booking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You will get an invoice with the promo codes.

I never get an invoice until after I pay the deposit.  I do get a booking confirmation screen, but those haven't shown the double point promos.  They do show the free at sea promos.  I would just pay the deposit to lock in the double points.  If the price drops and the points promo ends, a person can then just choose which they would rather have.

15 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I never get an invoice until after I pay the deposit.  I do get a booking confirmation screen, but those haven't shown the double point promos.  They do show the free at sea promos.  I would just pay the deposit to lock in the double points.  If the price drops and the points promo ends, a person can then just choose which they would rather have.

I just held 2 reservations : one for OX and another for OA. 
For each reservation got an email with subject “Courtesy Hold Communication ” with a PDF attachment that has the invoice.

As suspected, the OX reservation doesn’t include LATDBLX code while the OA does.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have never NOT gotten an email confirmation/invoice when booking online and asking for a courtesy hold.  And the promo codes are on the invoice.  LATDBLX is the code for double points.

You have to scroll down the payment screen to get to courtesy hold and they give you a few days to pay a deposit. Sounds like you're never actually asked for one.

Why would you want to pay a deposit if you don't have to while you decide?

• Like 1

I finally got a response back from Jolle Brito, Senior Director Guest Relations, that now says that the sailing wasn't eligible. Neither the Terms and Conditions or the Offer e-mail says this. It actually says 2021 Sailings and does not list any exclusions. Plus I know of individuals on my sailing that DID get the bonus points. I am just blown away by excuse after excuse that they keep coming up with not to honor it. I prove one assertion wrong, then they come back with a different reason . . . Everyday more and more I feel I made the right decision to cancel my December 2021 Breakaway sailing . . .

11 minutes ago, lixogab said:

I just held 2 reservations : one for OX and another for OA. 
For each reservation got an email with subject “Courtesy Hold Communication ” with a PDF attachment that has the invoice.

As suspected, the OX reservation doesn’t include LATDBLX code while the OA does.

Thanks.  I just checked my inbox and I did receive them for my last two courtesy holds.  I didn't receive them for any of my holds earlier in the year.

The surefire way is to look on the ncl page on  the latitudes benefits section and make sure your cruise and your category is listed there at the time of booking . Sail away are not included and list of sailings changes . 

7 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

The surefire way is to look on the ncl page on  the latitudes benefits section and make sure your cruise and your category is listed there at the time of booking . Sail away are not included and list of sailings changes . 

I don't understand this.  The "surefire" way is to check your invoice and see the "LATDBLX" promo code listed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I don't understand this.  The "surefire" way is to check your invoice and see the "LATDBLX" promo code listed.

depending on your booking, it could also be under the old booking code of just LATITUDE

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 4:25 PM, zerooveride said:

I finally got a response back from Jolle Brito, Senior Director Guest Relations, that now says that the sailing wasn't eligible. Neither the Terms and Conditions or the Offer e-mail says this. It actually says 2021 Sailings and does not list any exclusions. Plus I know of individuals on my sailing that DID get the bonus points. I am just blown away by excuse after excuse that they keep coming up with not to honor it. I prove one assertion wrong, then they come back with a different reason . . . Everyday more and more I feel I made the right decision to cancel my December 2021 Breakaway sailing . . .

lixogab posted the link the other day to the terms and conditions.  If you got a sailaway rate (IX, OX, BX, etc.) it is not eligible.

I ran into this issue on a booking I did the other day and did not see the LATDBLX code.  Had several back and forth with my PCC on this.  She said it was ineligible but I asked where it actually said this on the website, because the promo, as you stated, had said "all 2021 sailings".  She was unable to point me to anything even when consulting with her supervisor.

After spending about an hour on it myself, so finally discovered that if you scroll almost all the way down on the page that shows the sailings that have the offer, there is a little line of text that says "*Terms and Conditions". It doesn't look like a link, but it is.  If you click it, it takes you to https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer/terms where the first thing it shows is that sailaway cabins aren't included.

In my opinion, it is very misleading the way they market the promotion for the double points. It should be much more clear it doesn't apply to sailaway.  And the PCC's aren't even able to find the T&C page on the website either.

1 hour ago, yankprintster said:

lixogab posted the link the other day to the terms and conditions.  If you got a sailaway rate (IX, OX, BX, etc.) it is not eligible.

No Sailaway. An MC Club Balcony Suite.

I ran into this issue on a booking I did the other day and did not see the LATDBLX code.  Had several back and forth with my PCC on this.  She said it was ineligible but I asked where it actually said this on the website, because the promo, as you stated, had said "all 2021 sailings".  She was unable to point me to anything even when consulting with her supervisor.

Would agree, the offer I received was for all 2021 sailings and the ad in it even referred to Summer Alaska sailings. I thought August was still summer . . . 

In my opinion, it is very misleading the way they market the promotion for the double points. It should be much more clear it doesn't apply to sailaway.  And the PCC's aren't even able to find the T&C page on the website either.

I wasn't in a sailaway cabin. I personally like to choose my own cabin and get the additional perks so I always choose a specific category. I have only done sailaway once, on my first cruise; a 3-day in an Inside Cabin on the Carnival Sensation. 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:25 PM, zerooveride said:

Plus I know of individuals on my sailing that DID get the bonus points.

Latitude/past guest promos change monthly, so what you get depends on when you booked.  I have a couple of upcoming cruises that have triple points - but not everyone on those cruises will have the same offer.  So what the T&C's say now has nothing to do with what was in effect when you booked.

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

Latitude/past guest promos change monthly, so what you get depends on when you booked.  I have a couple of upcoming cruises that have triple points - but not everyone on those cruises will have the same offer.  So what the T&C's say now has nothing to do with what was in effect when you booked.

I booked during the promotion

There is a thread showing all the NCL shorthand.   These are the ones you might find regarding points.

LATBONUS

1 extra latitudes point per night

LATDBLX

2 extra Latitude points per night

LATREW*

Indicates that you are a latitudes member and to give your tier benefits

LATTITUDE

Insider offer code 1 extra latitude point per night

LATTITUDES

Insider offer code 1 extra latitude point per night

Does anyone has a copy of Insider offer terms and conditions which were valid in August? NCL is claming I am not eligible for additional points but I remembers t&c from that period a bit differently.

12 hours ago, JezzaC said:

Does anyone has a copy of Insider offer terms and conditions which were valid in August? NCL is claming I am not eligible for additional points but I remembers t&c from that period a bit differently.

I checked the web archive but it’s not there.

( It has Jan-Mar offer and some older). 
Please check if you have the original invoice they sent you. The .pdf should mention all Promo codes you got.

If the additional points is not there then you out of luck regardless if the offer was active when you booked it.