PCR test for disembarkation for Canadians

MarinerBoy

2 hours ago, racj846 said:

Ginnyfyr....Once you got your test results you then had to complete the 'arriveCAN' app which I beleive requires inclusion of your test results.  How was that process?

Super easy! We entered everything required (flight info, vaccine info - what kind we got, dates, what country we got them in - then answered some yes or no questions as to if we feel ill and if we are able to quarantine if need be when we get home) before going to dinner tonight so we wouldn't forget about it at 6 am when we arrive at the airport 😉 You only have to upload your vaccine receipts (you can take a photo in the app or if you have them saved on your computer/phone, you can also download them), not your test results, but you need to have your negative test result handy to show when you go through Canadian customs. Knock wood, I think it will be smooth sailing through Pearson when we land back in Toronto tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:37 PM, Sprocket said:

I have 5 cruises booked and all of them with Princess insurance, not sure why they won't cover you??

I can no longer purchase Princess Vacation Protection insurance for all future booking because I live in New York State.

Note that Princess Vacation Protection is not available to residents of the state of New York, Quebec, Puerto Rico, or Mexico.

Edited by Syracusefan44

Good info about Princess and the testing.....we are thinking of a cruise out of LA towards the end of Nov. and wondered how that would work as we wanted to fly back to Kelowna the same day.....leaving at about 1pm....I wonder if lots of time or there will be a qlitch in the works....???......also flying down....we usually fly down the day ahead and need a test to go into the states....I wonder if Kelowna airport does that the same day as your plane.....as you need a covid test to get on the ship in two days before.....leaves things really tight.....and a worry....any thoughts.....Ken

If you sail on a Saturday you can get the test on Thursday in Kelowna which will do for both flight and cruise. A call to the airport will answer your question if they do it…I doubt they do. Check with a lifelab centre….they do antigen tests I believe. My hope is we will soon be allowed to send to the states for the  kits to do your own at home with a proctor. This is the sensible way to go with the least bother for everyone. I know….such first world problems! 

as long as you can make a flight when you disembark the test , PCR, Princess provides at the pier for free  will get you home. Worst case….an overnight before you get to go home.

Edited by muffin
Info

On 9/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, Ginnyfyr said:

Blue Cross will cover Covid on cruises if you are in Ontario and I believe Quebec. I must have asked the lady half a dozen times to confirm that they would cover our cruise and she kept saying yes, so I bought a policy from them for this cruise. We will likely purchase an annual plan from them when we get home since we have at least 3 other cruises happening between now and next September.

Until September 30 (unless they have extended) you can get an annual policy from Blue Cross for the same price as one individual trip - might save some $$.

1 hour ago, DebbieActon said:

Until September 30 (unless they have extended) you can get an annual policy from Blue Cross for the same price as one individual trip - might save some $$.

Thanks for mentioning this - I recall the lady on the phone did mention something about a sale ending on the 30th. We just returned from our Alaska cruise yesterday...will have to see if we have any money left to purchase the annual plan before month end, lol. 

To anyone who completed the PCR test on disembarkation for travel - did you have to show something like your boarding pass to prove you needed the test ?  

We are taking the Enchanted inaugural in Nov then immediately afterwards the Nov 20 Sky cruise and Princess told us we would not be able to get testing in between.  Told us to order the self test with medical support which of course doesn’t work for us in Canada since those can’t be shipped here.

15 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Thanks for mentioning this - I recall the lady on the phone did mention something about a sale ending on the 30th. We just returned from our Alaska cruise yesterday...will have to see if we have any money left to purchase the annual plan before month end, lol. 

I just checked the Blue Cross site and it appears that this special deal has been extended. The site now says valid until November 2.  Can't speak to the quality of the coverage, but the price sure is excellent. I did notice that when I ran through the process for a few different quotes, the "Get Annual coverage for the price of a single trip" only seemed to apply to medical coverage. When I added Trip Interuption, etc and gave an estimate for the cost of the trip, the "special" did not seem to apply and the cost for one year coverage was a lot more than for the single 9 day trip. 

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

I just checked the Blue Cross site and it appears that this special deal has been extended. The site now says valid until November 2.  Can't speak to the quality of the coverage, but the price sure is excellent. I did notice that when I ran through the process for a few different quotes, the "Get Annual coverage for the price of a single trip" only seemed to apply to medical coverage. When I added Trip Interuption, etc and gave an estimate for the cost of the trip, the "special" did not seem to apply and the cost for one year coverage was a lot more than for the single 9 day trip. 

You are correct - the deal does only apply to medical coverage. When I booked my single trip policy through them I was given a quote for an annual plan and the lady mentioned that if I bought the annual plan after Sept 30th, the cost of the medical would increase but she didn't think it would be by more than $20 or so.