Upgrading Classic to Premium Bev Package

gotcha3

If you are a Captain's Club member of Classic or above and get the discount, you have to call to upgrade in order to have the discount applied.  If you upgrade online,  the discount does not show.  It is the same price per day, $10.00 + $2.00, to upgrade onboard but you can’t use the Captain's Club discount.  

In the past some people would have a discount show in the cruise planner pre-cruise but there doesn't seem to be any current discounts for the Classic to Premium Upgrade. 

🍹

Side question - is it possible to upgrade just one package of 2 of is in the same cabin?

I enjoy the better quality wine and spirits and usually find myself paying the modest supplemental difference when I order a drink above the classic price limit,  but my wife is teetotal and is more than happy with the classic package.  Financially, it makes sense to upgrade my package but if I have to upgrade my wife's as well it probably is not worth it and will be cheaper to pay the supplement as we go.  

6 hours ago, gotcha3 said:

To upgrade the Classic drink package to Premium pre cruise is like $14 per person/per day, is that correct? Is it cheaper to wait and upgrade onboard? Thank you.

No, it is not cheaper yet may be cheaper to purchase before boarding if a sale takes place, which happens around holidays 'usually', if at all.

Cheers and bon voyage

2 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

Side question - is it possible to upgrade just one package of 2 of is in the same cabin?

I enjoy the better quality wine and spirits and usually find myself paying the modest supplemental difference when I order a drink above the classic price limit,  but my wife is teetotal and is more than happy with the classic package.  Financially, it makes sense to upgrade my package but if I have to upgrade my wife's as well it probably is not worth it and will be cheaper to pay the supplement as we go.  

Have you tried to do this in your CP, yet?

Cheers and bon voyage