Luggage Tags

stitch4me

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Pre-Covid we have seen several bags being wheeled through the Promenade on a dolly by a crew member. No tags...Seems likely (by how many there were) these where possibly bags that the owners self affixed tags had probably come off.

Not necessarily.... one time my roll-aboard ended up getting loaded with the checked luggage (miscommunication getting out of the taxi).  I had to wait until later in the day and collect it from a room behind Guest Services.  

19 hours ago, boscobeans said:

To me it is sometimes more stressful just making my morning coffee than it is to simply hit the PRINT LABELS  button when doing my on line check in.

I have come to the conclusion that coffee tastes better when someone else makes it... My DH won't touch coffee. So my only options are McDs, the gas station down the street from me, or the weekends when I run bowling tournaments lol 

On 9/25/2021 at 8:40 PM, LilBlackDress said:

I have to agree with others... Takes a few seconds to print them out. I normally print them while I run my weekly bowling tournaments. So it is not taking time away from my day. It gives me something to do while I am sitting there bored, and I get to look for future cruises at the same time 🙂
The only time I had a porter use there tags was a few weeks ago on Symphony. We got an upgrade the day before we set sail... 

I enjoy printing and slipping them in the plastic sleeve I use to attach them to the luggage.  It's part of the fun of prepping for my cruise. 😉 It means I'm one step closer to paradise. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, davekathy said:

Exactly why we know use these sturdy luggage tag holders. I never put them on our luggage until we are getting ready to leave out pre cruise hotel. 

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjc6M24kJ3zAhUUEucKHZj8AC4YABAGGgJwdg&ae=2&sig=AOD64_0Nby2iKh09DigXYaq1haim3mh9vw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwi1hMa4kJ3zAhXN_54KHWNsAhAQ9aACegQIARBK&adurl=

Yep, got em and love em.  

Reading this thread looks like everyone is a little bit different. We sailed on the Oasis on 9/12, our luggage tags it showed up short of a week before the sailing, and were able to download our luggage tags just by luck when I checked my Set Sail Pass daily for anything different taking place. You ask why? Well, our cabin was moved from deck 6 to deck 12 to deck 10 and after multi phone conversations first with my TA and the C&A to the RCI Resolutions Dept. finally got involved, and we were back to deck 6 in a different cabin that wasn't too bad while our original cabin remained empty for the week.  My small group were all seated at different tables too, a stop off on deck 3 to chat with the M'aitre D brought us all back together again on deck 4. All in all a small bump in the road but the week's cruise brought us calm seas and excellent weather for the seven days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I enjoy printing and slipping them in the plastic sleeve I use to attach them to the luggage.  It's part of the fun of prepping for my cruise. 😉 It means I'm one step closer to paradise. 🙂 

We were on Symphony a few weeks ago. I really didn't have the same excitement with this cruise as I had all my past cruises. 

In the past, my countdown would start with 100 days to go

The the mini celebrations when it was time for final payment, the documents, the luggage tags, the packing and finally the road trip to the hotel!! 

This cruise with every thing that I usually have a mini celebration for I had a little blah feeling. All the itinerary changes helped kill my mood.
I didn't pack as soon as I normally do, because of that I packed for a month or better, I didn't have time to edit... (good thing we drive to the ports!!) I really wasn't excited or had any faith that we would be sailing, until I stepped on to the ship!! Finally able to feel excited!!