Thomas Keller reservations on a 14 day cruise? Do you get one or two?

Asquare

We got 2 on our 14 day Ovation cruise (July-Aug) and have 2 on an upcoming 14 day Odyssey cruise.  On the Ovation it would have been easy to get more reservations (once aboard) since the ship only had about 300 passengers.    Previously when we did a 14 day Alaskan cruise on the Soujourn (the ship was sold out) we were able to dine in TK 3 times because we simply made reservations once aboard.  Getting extra reservations may mean being flexible in dining times (late is usually better) and specific evenings.

I should add that the food in the Restaurant was so good on our recent Ovation cruise that we had no desire to go to TK beyond our two previously reserved meals.  My big complaint about TK is I eat too much food :).

Hank

If I might ask on a similar note, we’re trying to book a table for 5 on our 20 day Med family cruise in July 2023. There are plenty of times for tables for up to 4 guests. However, when we select either a table for 5 or 6 there are no times available on any of the 20 days. Do we have to have our TA make the Thomas Keller reservation through their SB contact or is there something we’re missing, other than they are totally booked this far out for tables for 5 or 6?

The TA cannot change it. I would book on as many nights as you can a table for 4 and as soon you are on board go to the Grill and ask if they can add one person to the table on any of those nights.  Or book a table for 2 and one for 3 on the same night and ask if they can be put together. 

The maître d' can do what the website cannot. 

Edited by marazul

2 minutes ago, marazul said:

The TA cannot change it. I would book on as many nights as you can a table for 4 and as soon you are on board go to the Grill and ask if they can add one person to the table on any of those nights. 

The maître d' can do what the website cannot. 

Thanks! We’ll give that a try. 😎

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We’ll give that a try. 😎

Actually,  since you have at least 2 suites, book two tables for 4 on the same night and talk to the maître d' when you board. They will bedelighted to free up the space.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Asquare said:

Thanks for all the answers!  Would any of you guys like to send us a referral since this is our first Seaboun cruise?  

I can do that for you but it appears that the current system  would be for me to  input your e-mail address into a Seabourn online page and then they will send you an invitation.   I would need for you to send me your e-mail address.   My e-mail is hlitner   @ comcast.net

Hank

On 9/25/2021 at 7:57 PM, marazul said:

Actually,  since you have at least 2 suites, book two tables for 4 on the same night and talk to the maître d' when you board. They will bedelighted to free up the space.

Thanks again for the idea. Talked with our TA today and she suggested we book a table for 2 and my son book a table for 3 on each of the 3 nights we want to reserve. Since our bookings will be linked together, the maitre d’ should be able to seat us at tables next to each other, if at all possible. 

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks again for the idea. Talked with our TA today and she suggested we book a table for 2 and my son book a table for 3 on each of the 3 nights we want to reserve. Since our bookings will be linked together, the maitre d’ should be able to seat us at tables next to each other, if at all possible. 

Just make sure you stop by the Grill when you board and talk to the maître d'.  It may not happen just trusting the computer. There are plenty of large tables and they will accommodate you.

We have done that in our last 2 or 3 cruises.