Why hasn't the Breakaway left on its cruise from NY yet?

Nancy8250

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Only if they were denied boarding because of a positive test.  If they knew about cruise critic...they would have known what to do!

If they had read their cruise documents carefully, they would have known.  Post pandemic is going to be a different world than before for the boarding process and a lot of things on board ship.  Some people do not bother to check before leaving home to make sure they have everything.  I heard that a number of people did not have their passports with them thinking that having a picture on their cell phone was acceptable-- it is not at least not right now.

14 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

If they had read their cruise documents carefully, they would have known.  Post pandemic is going to be a different world than before for the boarding process and a lot of things on board ship.  Some people do not bother to check before leaving home to make sure they have everything.  I heard that a number of people did not have their passports with them thinking that having a picture on their cell phone was acceptable-- it is not at least not right now.

Do you mean the Vaccine card? I’m guessing that is what you mean, but just clarifying for others. Cause we also have to use our Government ID “Passports”, which is obviously something very different. 😉 

2 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

Do you mean the Vaccine card? I’m guessing that is what you mean, but just clarifying for others. Cause we also have to use our Government ID “Passports”, which is obviously something very different. 😉 

For this cruise you needed: (1) Authorization from the Bermuda government, to travel to Bermuda, (2) Covid 72 hours prior (bring proof), (3) original vaccine card, (4) your actual passport (not on your phone), (5) your cruise documents and (6) had your photo uploaded into the system.  From what is being said people did not have the travel authorization from the Bermuda government, their passports or the photo uploaded.

5 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

For this cruise you needed: (1) Authorization from the Bermuda government, to travel to Bermuda, (2) Covid 72 hours prior (bring proof), (3) original vaccine card, (4) your actual passport (not on your phone), (5) your cruise documents and (6) had your photo uploaded into the system.  From what is being said people did not have the travel authorization from the Bermuda government, their passports or the photo uploaded.

why did they need passports? I thought you only needed government id & proof of citizenship, birth certificate, naturalization card, etc. I know it's not advisable to not have passport, just thought it wasn't required 

29 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Wait, so you are serious about the thing with people having “Passports” on their phone?!! When the heck did people start doing that? I know some people are just photographing their vaccine cards and using that to show for evidence, but I hadn’t heard anything about the Travel Passports being photographed. That’s crazy! 😵💫

1 hour ago, worktocruise610 said:

why did they need passports? I thought you only needed government id & proof of citizenship, birth certificate, naturalization card, etc. I know it's not advisable to not have passport, just thought it wasn't required 

You are correct. There are other documents that can be used in lieu of a passport for this itinerary.

• Like 1

Just now, worktocruise610 said:

there was an email that went out - can't remember if it is mandatory, but you do need it for compensation if you test positive at the pier.

Per emails from an NCL executive they are accepting the Bermuda-mandated 96 hours or less PCR test in lieu of the 72 hour or less test for purposes of covering quarantine costs in the event of your testing positive.

• Like 1

Just now, DamWamWeRCruising said:

96 hours is the PCR test for Bermuda. 72 hours is an Antigen test for NCL to be reimbursed in case you test positive at the dock and want to be reimbursed.

But NCL has stated that for this itinerary they will accept the Bermuda-mandated test in lieu of the 72 hour test.

3 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Per emails from an NCL executive they are accepting the Bermuda-mandated 96 hours or less PCR test in lieu of the 72 hour or less test for purposes of covering quarantine costs in the event of your testing positive.

Thanks @njhorseman I thought that was true but didn't want to give false info. Thanks for always having the answers 😉 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

But NCL has stated that for this itinerary they will accept the Bermuda-mandated test in lieu of the 72 hour test.

Thank you for this information.  I thought I had read this from a post, but was not positive about it.  It totally makes sense to just be tested once.  I'm so glad you clarified.

My buddy was on the cruise last night I'll be goin on Sunday. Last nigh tons of people did not submit info to Bermuda cause they thought NCL took care of everything you show up get a rapid and thats it. That is not the case you have to get your own lab test not rapid within 96 hrs of leaving I go wed. to get mine hopefully get results be for Sunday and upload to Bermuda site to get authorization number without it you dont get on the boat. heres what i got from NCL

Before You Travel/Prior to Leaving Home:
• All guests must fully complete online check-in and select a port arrival time, which will become available as soon as 21 days and up to 3 days before the cruise embarkation date.
• Due to limited capacity in the terminals at the cruise port of Manhattan, port arrival times selected during online check in will be strictly enforced.
• If arriving at the cruise port directly from the airport, please keep the following in mind when selecting a port arrival time:
o Driving distance from LaGuardia Airport is approximately 50 minutes.
o Driving distance from John F. Kennedy International Airport is approximately 90 minutes.
o Driving distance from Newark Liberty International Airport is approximately 90 minutes.
 Luggage tags must be attached to each piece of luggage when arriving at the port to expedite the baggage drop-off process.
• Bermuda requires that all guests take a COVID-19 PCR test within 96-hours prior to their sail date.
• All guests must register on the Bermuda Tourism website and upload their negative test result within 72-hours of embarkation. The registration form can be found here.
o A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved.
• As a reminder, all guests are responsible for checking on travel restrictions and complying with all requirements. NCL recommends for all guests to follow, and where possible, sign up for notifications from their local government on international travel regulations that may prevent, restrict, or require additional documentation when traveling to another country for embarkation or during their cruise.
Upon Arrival