Regal - 4 Day Nov. 17, 2021 Caribbean Cruise Cancelled

Wichard

I was on a B2B2B on the Regal starting on Oct. 29 and I just received notification the Nov. 17th Caribbean 4 day cruise has been cancelled for operational reasons.  Princess is offering a replacement 5 day cruise on. Nov. 19 that will not be on sale until Oct. 4th.  Since we arrive from the transatlantic on Nov. 17 that leaves me the choice of cancelling or spending 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale.  

We were looking forward to this cruise and I am not sure at this point what I will decide to do.

Richard 

10 minutes ago, Wichard said:

I was on a B2B2B on the Regal starting on Oct. 29 and I just received notification the Nov. 17th Caribbean 4 day cruise has been cancelled for operational reasons.  Princess is offering a replacement 5 day cruise on. Nov. 19 that will not be on sale until Oct. 4th.  Since we arrive from the transatlantic on Nov. 17 that leaves me the choice of cancelling or spending 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale.  

We were looking forward to this cruise and I am not sure at this point what I will decide to do.

Richard 

Spend two days in FLL (I can't believe I am suggesting this).  Then visit Everglades/Biscayne National Parks and Key West.  This would mean finding a hotel and renting a car.  Get out of FLL and drive South.  The other option is to go North to Disney World.  You've already there.

I can't imagine why Princess would cancel this cruise except that it was not well booked.We were on the cruise in M108 which is a favorite cabin of ours.This is cancellation #24 due to Covid with 20 on Princess and 4 on HAL.We will be on Nieuw Statendam from 11/21-12/5.

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Spend two days in FLL (I can't believe I am suggesting this).  Then visit Everglades/Biscayne National Parks and Key West.  This would mean finding a hotel and renting a car.  Get out of FLL and drive South.  The other option is to go North to Disney World.  You've already there.

I don't think the advice to head for WDW is very good at all.  Two days and it's a hike up there and back, so you have one day for a theme park.  Not enough.  Only way I would consider that is if been WDW a ton and were just going for the new Star Wars section at HS.  I think your idea of a road trip makes more sense, but it is also a long drive to Key West.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't think the advice to head for WDW is very good at all.  Two days and it's a hike up there and back, so you have one day for a theme park.  Not enough.  Only way I would consider that is if been WDW a ton and were just going for the new Star Wars section at HS.  I think your idea of a road trip makes more sense, but it is also a long drive to Key West.

The only places I've been were the two National Parks.  And even at that, I didn't have enough time.  Key West is on my list.  I have Disneyland in my back yard.  I was just throwing out options so that OP could have something to do while waiting for the next cruise. 

On 9/28/2021 at 5:49 PM, Wichard said:

Richard 

I think the original idea was to release the 5 night cruise on Oct. 4th, but it is currently listed. We got our Nov. 21 3 night cruise cancelled as well and supposedly they will be offering us the same deal for the 5 nighter.

7 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’m sorry your cruise was canceled, but at least your transatlantic isn’t! I’m thrilled a transatlantic will end up happening with pax (providing it does)! 

We are really looking forward to the TA cruise with the relaxing sea days and we will be in a mini-suite for the first time.  Glad to be back cruising.