Princess Plus

dockman

4 hours ago, dockman said:

...  I cannot even imagine anyone having 15 booze/coffee drinks a day and I sure would not want to be around those that max out.

The 15 limit is for alcohol only, coffee, water and soft drinks are unlimited

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dockman said:

If I don't buy a package that included 15 drinks I would likely drink 4 beers/glasses of wine max.  I don't drink soda or special coffees or bottled water so that has no appeal.  If i do buy the package I suspect I would have a few more drinks than normal and not sure that is such a great idea.  I cannot even imagine anyone having 15 booze/coffee drinks a day and I sure would not want to be around those that max out.

The break even point on the Princess Plus package on beer/wine is likely to be around two or three drinks.  If you had the package you will just be making a saving provided you want the ancillary benefits.  There is no reason anyone should go totally silly and try to get fifteen drinks daily because they can. 

Regards John

50 minutes ago, john watson said:

The break even point on the Princess Plus package on beer/wine is likely to be around two or three drinks.  If you had the package you will just be making a saving provided you want the ancillary benefits.  There is no reason anyone should go totally silly and try to get fifteen drinks daily because they can. 

Regards John

You are correct.  But temptation is often not my friend.

4 minutes ago, dockman said:

It is very fortunate that the modern Princess cruises are completely dissimilar to those portrayed on the original "Love Boat" cruises from the 1970's TV series.

Lol John

1 hour ago, dockman said:

Well, my wife and I have just watched "Strictly" here in the UK.  "Dancing wirh the stars" I think in the US. A 135 minute show (it is a live show). Two bottles of wine, plus what we drank for dinner. Not a problem. 

15 drinks spread over a day is not that much for Europeans, but Americans in my experience have a different tolerance level. 

I used to work for an Irish company that exported to the US. Bringing US customers to Ireland was a fraught experience. Three pints of Guiness before dinner, and my customers were off to bed, and it was only 19:00 !

13 hours ago, Billish said:

Well, my wife and I have just watched "Strictly" here in the UK.  "Dancing wirh the stars" I think in the US. A 135 minute show (it is a live show). Two bottles of wine, plus what we drank for dinner. Not a problem. 

15 drinks spread over a day is not that much for Europeans, but Americans in my experience have a different tolerance level. 

I used to work for an Irish company that exported to the US. Bringing US customers to Ireland was a fraught experience. Three pints of Guiness before dinner, and my customers were off to bed, and it was only 19:00 !

I agree, 15 over the day when on holiday I will easily reach, especially when most of the bottled beer is half a pint

19 hours ago, john watson said:

The mathematics are:

Premier Drinks Package                       $   70.79  per day

WiFi                                                          $      9.00 per day

Gratuities                                                 $   14.50 per day

TOTAL                                                      $   95.38 per day     

Daily cost of Princess Plus  is £30 per day approximately  $41.00.

Therefore if you use wi fi and pay gratuities the daily rate is $23.50 and you get the plus fare rate for $41.00 you need to be drinking more than $17.50 to be making a saving.  I suspect if you buy drinks individually there will be a service charge  to also factor in.  It is not simply about the drinks and it is not necessary to drink loads because you can.  Nobody has ten meals a day but you could without extra charges.

Regards John                                

Well said. 

On 10/1/2021 at 11:06 AM, dockman said:

Just trying to decide if i want/need to drink that much.  Probably better that i don't buy it as the temptation for me would be to try and get $$ worth which could mean some not so pleasant hangovers.

I hear you on that trying to get your money's worth! Donkey's years ago, when I still drank soda, I bought a soda card on some ship or another. Tried to get my money's worth on that and ended up with major heartburn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2