Norwegian Getaway attractive for 2022

Received a good deal offer a day or two ago. Rome to New York on Norwegian Getaway. I've never cruised Norwegian and it can't be worse than MSC. The itinerary looked good as I would like to spend some extra post cruise time in NY. 20 nights $5499 including flights or $6499 balcony or suite. Includes a beverage package(?), Specialty Dining package, Shore excusion credits and free WIFI. Imagine that in Nov 22. Very tempting.

Edited by lyndarra
typo

9 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Received a good deal offer a day or two ago. Rome to New York on Norwegian Getaway. I've never cruised Norwegian and it can't be worse than MSC. The itinerary looked good as I would like to spend some extra post cruise time in NY. 20 nights $5499 including flights or $6499 balcony or suite. Includes a beverage package(?), Specialty Dining package, Shore excusion credits and free WIFI. Imagine that in Nov 22. Very tempting.

That sounds excellent value.

Hi

i was on Norwegian getaway from NY to Bahamas and back.    Very large ship but lots for the kids to do!   Sounds like a good deal.

I have been on MSC from São Paulo to Venice.   It was probably 10 years ago and it was the most unorganised ship I have every been on.   The deal was so good we forgave them.   the ship was beautiful.   We were given a cabin on the 13th floor with a walk-in wardrobes.   They kept our passports till the morning we left the ship..can you imagine all these people lining up at 8.00 to get their passports.   People did not realise and had booked on transport to Rome and were in panic mode.   I think the airfares from melbourne to São Paulo cost us more than the cruise.  They repeated everything in the theatre 7 times in 7 languages!,,    Such a laugh but we were with good friends and had a great time.

hope you book your cruise…always good to have things to look forward to.

eileen

• Like 1

Would not hesitate to book Norwegian. We have cruised about 3 or 4 times with them and all cruises were great. 

Great flexibility in dining venues, great staff and entertainment  

Cruise looks great, go for it.👍

I've sailed on NCL, no problems.

My questions about this cruise, and I've seen no definite answers on the advertising blurbs online, are;

1 Are the included flights from Australia from and to Sydney only, or from other states as well

2 Are the departure flight dates flexible (extra accommodation at own cost of course) either side of the cruise

3 What airline/s are they using

4 What deposit is required and when is it payable

5 When is final payment due

6 Is it NCL itself or a travel agency making the offer

If anyone has made a direct inquiry, I, and I'm sure others, would be pleased to receive any extra information available, or pointed to any website that has the information.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Obilix said:

I've sailed on NCL, no problems.

My questions about this cruise, and I've seen no definite answers on the advertising blurbs online, are;

1 Are the included flights from Australia from and to Sydney only, or from other states as well

2 Are the departure flight dates flexible (extra accommodation at own cost of course) either side of the cruise

3 What airline/s are they using

4 What deposit is required and when is it payable

5 When is final payment due

6 Is it NCL itself or a travel agency making the offer

If anyone has made a direct inquiry, I, and I'm sure others, would be pleased to receive any extra information available, or pointed to any website that has the information.

Cheers

Australian agent so would assume flights from Sydney. Which one? "Imagine that in Nov 22."

It is a repositioning cruise - in winter? Hmm. I would hope flight dates are flexible but if no c'est la vie.

I haven't made enquiries at this point but from past experience I'm guessing Qatar Airlines. I've flown with them before, cattle and business class and found them to be excellent.