Questions about flights and transfers...Port Canaveral to MCO?

LAT173

I booked a cruise on Carnival Mardi Gras for Nov 6, returning Nov 13. I've only been to small airports like Sanford, FL from my small airport in Tennessee. I'll be flying from Charlotte NC to Orlando (MCO) this time. 

If Mardi Gras comes back at 7am on Nov 13 and I self-assist debark as soon as allowed, use GoPort Shuttle to get to MCO, is it likely that I'll make it through security at the airport to get on my flight that leaves at 10:58am? 

I'll plan to check in for my flight via my phone. 

There are no other options for me to fly home this date at a later time.

Is it possible, yes. But realize that if you miss it, you have no other options if this is the only flight time for Nov 13. If I was on a strict time like this, I would not use a shared shuttle. I would get private transportation booked. You can look up Cruise Control Transportation. Nothing but great reviews. 

Only you can weigh the options you are willing to risk on timing. If you miss it, you are going to be at the mercy of your carrier to find another airline (if they do that) to get you back to Charlotte. I know American is a direct carrier there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For a 10:58 flight you need to be at MCO by about 9:30, and earlier is better with the typical TSA chaos. The drive from PC to MCO takes about an hour. That translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs and immigration by about 8:00 to find your shuttle, limo or taxi.

As Bruce said, possible if you carry your bags off, but stressful. Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? 🤔

We walked off Royal Allure and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We left the port area around 7:45. We got to the airport before 9:00. We were booked on a 1:30 flight and ended up changing to 11:45 nonstop flight after we got to the airport. Fortunately, United had no change fees. We were at the gate in plenty of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sn2792 said:

We walked off Royal Allure and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We left the port area around 7:45. We got to the airport before 9:00. We were booked on a 1:30 flight and ended up changing to 11:45 nonstop flight after we got to the airport. Fortunately, United had no change fees. We were at the gate in plenty of time.

Thanks for your feedback...We'll have private transportation booked for the 6 of us and have a noon flight from MCO....so good to hear you had a good experience...hoping we do also May 1, 2022.

• Like 1