Large tables in mdr on Eurodam?

TwinMommyByGrace

We have a family cruise coming up on the Eurodam next year. We will have a total of 11 people. Has anyone traveled on the Eurodam with a larger group and had luck with everyone sitting at the same table? We are in 3 separate NS, but the reservations are linked. We will also be dining at the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto if anyone is familiar with those sitting arrangements, as well. Thanks for any insight!

I don't know of any tables for 12 (which would be the size for 11). But do consider getting two tables for 6, next to each other. That way people could switch around each night, and get to chat with everyone. A table for 12---even if it were available---could get too chaotic for people to chat. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

We have a family cruise coming up on the Eurodam next year. We will have a total of 11 people. Has anyone traveled on the Eurodam with a larger group and had luck with everyone sitting at the same table? We are in 3 separate NS, but the reservations are linked. We will also be dining at the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto if anyone is familiar with those sitting arrangements, as well. Thanks for any insight!

The largest table you will find is a 10 top.    They can squeeze in 11 chairs - its tight but workable, but not recommended.    My experience with 10 tops is that they are too big for pleasant conversation and you end of only talking to the few people on either side.   I agree with @RuthC that 10 tops are too big.    The pinnacle could probably create a big table for your group.     Not sure if the Canaletto has that.   Check out HALFACTS Here - they have a map of the Eurodam dining room so you can get a sense of whats possible.   

HAL won't book you at table that exceed capacity, but if you really want to put 11 on a 10, the dining room could probably make it happen once on board.    If you are on late seating, you will have more options.  

These tables on the eurodam would be a nice option

image.png.895a8660867818b00194a544edc9d68d.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

If your family cruise is booked as a group,  the group contact (you ?) will receive a Group Dining Request form weeks before the cruise.  Use this form to assign who you'd like to sit at which table. 

Example:  list six names, and ask for a table of six on the form.  In your case, two tables of six will work better than one large table of ten/eleven. At tables for six, people will be able to talk to others around the table.  A table for ten limits the conversations to people sitting near one another (no one wants to shout across a large table).  After the first night of assigned tables, let family members mix it up by sitting at the other table if they want.

For the specialty restaurants, visit the maitre d' in each one IN ADVANCE , and let him/her know that you have a group requiring a large table. They'll be happy to help you.  

HAL Group Dining Request Form.pdf

Edited by Boatdrill

1 hour ago, Boatdrill said:

If your family cruise is booked as a group,  the group contact (you ?) will receive a Group Dining Request form weeks before the cruise.  Use this form to assign who you'd like to sit at which table. 

Example:  list six names, and ask for a table of six on the form.  In your case, two tables of six will work better than one large table of ten/eleven. At tables for six, people will be able to talk to others around the table.  A table for ten limits the conversations to people sitting near one another (no one wants to shout across a large table).  After the first night of assigned tables, let family members mix it up by sitting at the other table if they want.

For the specialty restaurants, visit the maitre d' in each one IN ADVANCE , and let him/her know that you have a group requiring a large table. They'll be happy to help you.  

HAL Group Dining Request Form.pdf 1.79 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks for the great information! If I haven't heard from HAL, I'll reach out a few months ahead of the cruise and get things rolling. I appreciate the link to the form, also.  Now I know what to expect. Since we're in NS, I'm assuming I can have the concierge take care of arrangements with the specialty restaurants? If not, I will be sure to stop by and speak to the maître d.  Thanks again for the information! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

. Since we're in NS, I'm assuming I can have the concierge take care of arrangements with the specialty restaurants? 

The folks in the Neptune Lounge will be able to handle your large table desires in the specialties.  I would book the Pinnacle in advance - to ensure you get everyone in.    Even though you won't be able to get a 11 person table in advance, your party will at least be in restaurant at the correct time.   Once onboard they should be able to move tables around to get you together.   If you wait till you get onboard, they may not have 11 openings at your desired time.   Even the concierge couldn't force that many people into the Pinnacle if it is full.

I would book your pinnacles tonight - nothing gained by waiting.    If you cancel or they cancel, you get your money back.

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 2