DIY Caribbean tours yet?

rachiem

We are due to go to the Caribbean on 30th Jan...

Is there a list anywhere of which islands you can go ashore independently?

Struggling to find info.

Still in two minds as whether to go as we have a flight change, which means we also now have the option of getting a refund for these (£2500)

If we can't go ashore independently, this could make our minds up.

I know that things are changing daily but hopefully in a positive direction now

The list on Celebrity Site is very fluid and is changed unexpectedly as conditions in each port change.

Trying to guess which ports will be open for independent touring for next week are difficult enough but trying to figure out what things will be like in 3 months is no more than a coin toss 

Best advise if you book is make sure there is a Force Majeure clause in the contract to assure refund if the tour is cancelled do local regulations.    While I have no supportable evidence I strongly feel things will be much better in January than it is now.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Which islands?  It’s hard to give accurate answers without knowing which you are interested in.  

It's the southern so Barbados, St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua, Dominica and St Croix. Out of all these from the above link, only St Croix is independent. 

As long as we can get one beach day we are happy to go with the flow. Prefer more activity tours that sitting on  a bus though.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

The list on Celebrity Site is very fluid and is changed unexpectedly as conditions in each port change.

Trying to guess which ports will be open for independent touring for next week are difficult enough but trying to figure out what things will be like in 3 months is no more than a coin toss 

Best advise if you book is make sure there is a Force Majeure clause in the contract to assure refund if the tour is cancelled do local regulations.    While I have no supportable evidence I strongly feel things will be much better in January than it is now.   

I know, now that things are starting to open up and we are getting back to a degree of normality, it would be a brave government to take a step backwards.

4 minutes ago, rachiem said:

It's the southern so Barbados, St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua, Dominica and St Croix. Out of all these from the above link, only St Croix is independent. 

As long as we can get one beach day we are happy to go with the flow. Prefer more activity tours that sitting on  a bus though.

At all of the ports listed we were allowed off the ship into the port area only without a curated tour.

Of Interest in St. Kits in the port area the had government approved private tours available to book independent of Celebrity.   They did not announce that in advance but let us know upon arrival.  

We were the first ship to dock since the covid lockdown and they really were good about sanitation.  On our private tour, everywhere we went we were required to sanitize as well as every time we got out of the van.   What was  really interesting was there was a plexiglass partition between the driver and us and he spoke to us over a microphone. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

At all of the ports listed we were allowed off the ship into the port area only without a curated tour.

Of Interest in St. Kits in the port area the had government approved private tours available to book independent of Celebrity.   They did not announce that in advance but let us know upon arrival.  

We were the first ship to dock since the covid lockdown and they really were good about sanitation.  On our private tour, everywhere we went we were required to sanitize as well as every time we got out of the van.   What was  really interesting was there was a plexiglass partition between the driver and us and he spoke to us over a microphone. 

That sounds good. I suppose it's a bit of a learning curve as things are just starting to open up.