Medallion with Princess Plus

Eddie1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

They'll deliver drinks to your cabin - no problem.  The main issue is whether or not the cost of those room service drinks will appear in your folio.

I don't know if the terms and conditions are different in the UK but they dont mention room service being excluded on the website. When you order via the app if tells you how much you will pay before completing the order. I dont know if you are charged differently if you dont use the app (which just delivers to wherever your location is anywhere on the ship) and phone room service instead. We  ordered via the app when in the cabin ordering only one drink each and didn't have to pay anything extra.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, memoak said:

What the heck we just go to a bar sit down and order a drink

This I prefer. I want to actually sit at the bar. Unfortunately, I've heard from other the UK passengers that you cannot sit at the bar and can only sit in certain areas in the lounges. Hopefully this rule changes before Regal and Sky come back to the US. 

On 10/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, Dawniepoo said:

This I prefer. I want to actually sit at the bar. Unfortunately, I've heard from other the UK passengers that you cannot sit at the bar and can only sit in certain areas in the lounges. Hopefully this rule changes before Regal and Sky come back to the US. 

Whilst on Sky last week people were sitting at the bar and being served in Crown Grill bar but there were signs on other bars saying no service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 11:48 AM, Marelaine said:

May I ask, are you in a suite or a regular cabin?

We have an extended balcony. We like to have evening cocktails watching the waves and stars go by.

• Like 1

We were on Sky last week.  Having read a lot about people being charged if you order two drinks even though your partner has the same package, it actually worked flawlessly.  Could order two drinks to be delivered anywhere on the ship including the cabin.  The two drinks are shown in the basket and the fee is shown then the full cost discounted to zero on the same screen.  They usually took about 10 mins to be delivered. You could order any of the food options on the app also to be delivered anywhere including the cabin.  We were very pleased with how this all worked.  

We only had one issue where we ordered one can of Grolsch and it never arrived.  When we ordered a glass of wine later in the day the server said I’ve brought your wine but there is no Grolsch left onboard.  So seemingly if they can’t supply what you order there is no way of them letting you know.  

We also used the crew contact facility on the app to report that the interactive TV had stopped working.  A crew member replied, said they would reboot the system and told me to turn the tv off and on and it fixed it.  Cracking service.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kevinyork said:

We were on Sky last week.  Having read a lot about people being charged if you order two drinks even though your partner has the same package, it actually worked flawlessly.  Could order two drinks to be delivered anywhere on the ship including the cabin.  The two drinks are shown in the basket and the fee is shown then the full cost discounted to zero on the same screen.  They usually took about 10 mins to be delivered. You could order any of the food options on the app also to be delivered anywhere including the cabin.  We were very pleased with how this all worked.  

Question:  Were both drinks charged to one 15 drink allotment or did they actually split them between the two accounts?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Question:  Were both drinks charged to one 15 drink allotment or did they actually split them between the two accounts?

That’s. Good question. As you can’t see how many of your allowance you are using it’s hard to say.  However as you are only allowed to order one drink each at a time my guess is it allocates one each.  

3 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

That’s. Good question. As you can’t see how many of your allowance you are using it’s hard to say.  However as you are only allowed to order one drink each at a time my guess is it allocates one each.  

It seems idiotic not to be able to track your usage in the app. Any bartender can tell you how many you've had so the info is in the system. I agree with you that it makes sense they would allocate one drink to each person but how does that work if I'm in the cabin and my wife is in the piazza and one of us orders two drinks?  If they charge my wife twice it's no big deal. I'm a different story and don't want her snagging my drink allowance. (Yes, I have hit the magic number. No, I wasn't drunk or loud and the bar staff had no issue serving me.)

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

It seems idiotic not to be able to track your usage in the app. Any bartender can tell you how many you've had so the info is in the system. I agree with you that it makes sense they would allocate one drink to each person but how does that work if I'm in the cabin and my wife is in the piazza and one of us orders two drinks?  If they charge my wife twice it's no big deal. I'm a different story and don't want her snagging my drink allowance. (Yes, I have hit the magic number. No, I wasn't drunk or loud and the bar staff had no issue serving me.)

I agree, it would seem to be a sensible and easy addition to the app so you can keep track of your allowance.  

6 hours ago, kevinyork said:

That’s. Good question. As you can’t see how many of your allowance you are using it’s hard to say. 

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

It seems idiotic not to be able to track your usage in the app. 

If you can't see your usage under the allowance then how do you know whether or not you're being charged properly for anything they say exceeded the allowance?